1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Infinity Installation, Bad diagram!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by bobkknd, Dec 28, 2004.

1. bobkknd

bobkknd Member

ok, so ihave been praticing soldering and have decided on the Matrix infinity. I disasembled my ps2 the otherday to see what the circuit was like and ti looks difficult but not impossible ( it still works btw ). The problem i had though was the diagram provided by the matrix team. http://www.infinitymod.com/matrix/files/chips/Matrix Infinity/V05-V06/USA-v5.JPG , the connections 'SCEX' and 'A' are a little unclear i am not sure where to attach the wire...

So if anyone has a good installation picture for a ps2 v5-6 or a good diagram plz help me out :) i checked http://www.norcalmods.com/ and most of the major site sbut most of them do not support the matrix infinity.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

the points look like they attach to the side pad of the resistor/capacitor.

3. bad205

bad205 Member

I also just got a matrix infinity.. I'm installing in v.7. If there is a better diagram out there i would like to see it.

4. msnmods

msnmods Member

As you look at that picture, point SCEX goes on the left hand side of that component. Point A goes on the right hand side of the component. You can look at diagrams from any other chip (DMS3, Messiah, etc) if you can find on that's more clear, as those points are the same on all chips for V7. Might be called different things, but you'll get the point from looking at them.

5. bad205

bad205 Member

Thanks for the help...
    My matrix infinity came with a bunch of small colored wires and one short copper braided bare wire. Is the short wire for the ground?

6. bad205

bad205 Member