1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Matrix infinity mod completed" How to load HD loader

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by wrighjac, Mar 30, 2007.

1. wrighjac

wrighjac Member

I just modded my V15 PS2 with the Matrix green dot infinity mod chip and it is working perfectly. I have a external 40G hard drive laying around and want to add it to my PS2. I have been reading the forums and trying to figure out how to load HD loader onto the hard drive so the PS2 will recognize it but don't understand how to actually get the elf files on the external hard drive. (This is in fact the free version of HD loader you download not the CD/DVD version you purchase.) I formatted a little portion of the hard with WiHiip and tried to do it that way but was unsuccessful. If someone could please give me a tutorial on formatting the hard drive(external usb) so the PS2 will recognize it. Also what else can I do with the PS2, is it possible to load AVI videos through a media player installed on the hard drive to play? Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.exploitstation.com/
    go to that site and read the tutorials, they have a lot of information on ELF files and exploits.
    and from what i know HD Loader is used for internal hard drives, what you need is USB Extreme.
    Externals are ok, but they are slower than internal drives and do not have as high a game compatibility rate(USB Extreme) as HD LOader would.