1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Infinity + New Firmware + GT4 ... ARGH!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Johntea, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Johntea

Johntea Member

Well I had my slimline ps2 modded by someone. He put a matrix infinity chip inside and I think it is running the 1.36 firmware.

Anyway it runs beautifully however I wanted a game of ATHENS 2004 tonight and it wouldn't play (This was an original factory pressed disc!)...I searched Google and found the 1.38 firmware should solve the problem.

I have now just seen a beta 1.4 firmware is out, and this will enable me to back up Gran Turismo 4 onto a DVD+R Dual Layer disc and play that.

Now I am a total n00b for chips - is it easy to update the firmware myself and has anybody tried GT4 on a DVD+R DL yet

Thank you! :)

2. romero

romero Regular member

Just download the image file of firmware from the Infinity's web pages, burn onto CD(-RW) and hit it in: That's it.

3. Johntea

Johntea Member

Thank you my Athens 2004 game is now working fine :)

Now I just have to nick my mates copy of Gran Tursimo 4 to check the GT4/Dual Layer support :D

4. Boomer_2

Boomer_2 Member

Well this is my first post, but I been following along quietly in the background for the past months. Just wanted to be one (of likely many to follow) to confirm the combination of the newest Matrix Infinity V1.4 BETA firmware. I just finished backing up GT4 last night (standard DVDDecrypter method, 1X, Verbatim DVD+R DL media) and it works first try, always nice.

Not sure whether this was a rip from the Team Toxic BIOS changes, but regardless, Matrix modchip users can now join the ranks of the relieved! As for the rest, hopefully this a sign that progress will be made for SM and other modchip users. Best of luck!!

5. R1chie

R1chie Member

i have a v7 ps2 with a matrix infinity modchip

and i have a copy of gt4 ( backup )

do i need a hdd 4 this to work with the new firmware

or will it just run of the disc

if it just runs of the disc were do i get the new firware

and how do i make it work

6. Boomer_2

Boomer_2 Member

R1chie,

Yes, this will work with the current hardware you have and will just run off the disc without the need for a HDD. Your V7 will read +R discs as may know so no problems there. Visit infitymod home page and check their NEWS link to download the 1.4BETA firmware.

Included in the zip file is instructions on how to burn a CD to install the firmware update. I burn those CD's using Nero.
    1. Open new ISO CD project.
    2. Select File Type to burn as *.cue files (this will spawn a new window to burn a new cuesheet)
    3. Select the V1.4 .cue file
    4. Burn the CD...it's only about 10MB so I tend to use a RW disc for firmware updates.
    5. Pop it into your PS2 and reset, it will automatically load the update program, you just need to hit start to install it.
    6. You're done.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005