1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

matrix infinity unable to read disk

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by red44, Mar 15, 2007.

1. red44

red44 Member

I have a ps2 slim V11 matrix infinity was playing all games fine about a week ago I upgraded to 193 also wanted to play a dvd9 game since then none of my back ups will boot I get a black screen with unable to read disk it will play regular ps2 games. Now I have reload bios a couple times even rolled it back to 191 bios loads no problem says hit reset do it and agin samething the ps2 is seeing the disk but seeing it as a dvd can anyone help please

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

the fist slimline available is a v12. Have u ever upgraded befor this because if not you could have a clone.

3. red44

red44 Member

I have upgraded the bios on chip many times but have found somthing new there a couple backups it will read now they are on a expensive dvd I am woundering if my laser is going bad any amswer

4. SCasca

SCasca Member

I'm having the exact same problem.. had firmware v1.5 and everything was working fine. Played GT4 in samsung dvd+r dl without a problem for ages. Recently i've uptdated the firmware to 1.93 to play GOW2 but now ps2 identifies dvd9's as a video dvd. My surprise was that when i tried to show my friends the problem and tried the GT4 for them to see (it used to work and was also a dvd9), it happened the same thing.. can't read disc. DVD-DL suport is ON (obviously) and already tried to reset and flash it again. Anyone as an answer for this ??