1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

matrix question

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by darthnip, May 12, 2003.

1. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

my replacement matrix chip should be here any day now. does anyone know if i need to install a switch on it to play online? seamonkey, you around?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

wassup darthnip..

i'd say your best bet and easiest way is to install a switch... the mode 3 boot method requires the actual original xbox game you want to play on xbox live...

hope things go well with this chip!!!
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. darthnip

yeah me too, if i get another bad one i'm going to freak! ---edit - w00T! it arrived today!! hopefulloy i'll be a happy camper tonight._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Darthnip
    Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

[/small]

Last edited: May 13, 2003
  4. darthnip

w00T! I programmed my chip on the first try! now if i can get the thing in the box right it'll be happy gaming land at my house! thanks seamonkey, you rock dude! and thanks for the boot disc, saves me the hassle. hey i got more stuff you might be interested in, email me.

5. pyro88

pyro88 Guest

If you guys want to put an external switch cause ur lazy like me here is a diagram for it. its pretty easy u just need two switches or one. you only need to solder a couple things. and for it to work the matrix original switches need to be off.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2003
  6. darthnip

DUDE!!! thank you so much for posting that!! I saw this diagram a few weeks ago before i got my matrix chip in, and i've hunting for it desperatly ever since. thanks!!! does this allow you to disable the chip so you can play online, or is it just for mode switching? I'm still not sure how this thing works.

7. pyro88

pyro88 Guest

ya you can turn off the chip to be able to play online there are 4 modes. here they are:

Mode 1 (Dip switch 1 & 2 ON) Test/Disable (LIVE FRIENDLY!!!)

Mode 2 (Dip switch 1 OFF, 2 ON) Always On

Mode 3 (Dip switch 1 ON, 2 OFF) Swap mode

Mode 4 (Dip switch 1 OFF & 2 OFF) Write enable

When you want to play live just switch to mode 1 and when u want the mod chip on switch to mode 2.

8. Yellowman

Yellowman Member

Pyro, when you add the switch like that do you keep the pin number to 2 on both and then just use the togle to turn each number on and off? Im planing to get the matrix mod chip and wantto make sure I know what I need to know before attempting this mod. Any other tips? TIA

9. pyro88

pyro88 Guest

what do u mean? u just use the external switches as u normally would use the switches on the matrix itself. but the matrix original switches need to be in the off position. if u only want one switch u keep the second original switch always on and make one external switch hooked up the the first switch (which is in the off position) hope this helps.

10. darthnip

ok so you keep the matrix dip switches in the off position and the toggles will override them. but if you leave the dip switches to one, the toggles will be irrelevant? i think this is what you mean, and from what i know of circuitry, that makes total sense. is this correct?

11. Yellowman

Yellowman Member

Yes that is what I was asking... the the matrix itself you would keep it at #2 which is the off position right? Then you just use the togle switches to select what you want.

Thanks again for your help

12. pyro88

pyro88 Guest

if u only want one switch u keep #2 on and switch between on and off with #1 with an external switch. ya darthnip you'r right. if u have the original switches off than the external ones overide them. but if they are on, the external ones are useless.

you should also check out this website http://www.angrycamel.com/xbox_stuff/ems.php
    the diagram is there and also a video of a guy putting in the switches(he also shows what parts to use)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Xbox with Matrix modchip
    HDD Activity LED
    Matrix external switches[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2003