1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Reloaded Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jtfuel, Jan 10, 2005.

1. jtfuel

jtfuel Member

I'm trying to Create a backup of Matrix reloaded. Using DVD Shrink all works well. In DVDCopy I can do a preview, and all the chapters are OK. When I actually burn, It goes through all the motions, and when it ejects the "Finished" DVD, there's only about 1/4" of Burnt data (Visually) on the DVD, and DVD player, doesn't. I'm the proud owner of two shiny Coasters.

Any chance this is a protection issue or could be something else. Haven't had problems with ANY other backup using same programs.

I Forgot. Could it be the media. I just Bought a new pack of Mitsumi DVD-R. Never used them before i used these for a couple other backups and no problems.

Hope it's not the Media. althought I guess you get what you pay for. $4.99 Canadian for a 5 pack at Futureshop. BTW They are AN30 Manufacturer (4th class)

I guess I can always use more coasters :)

Thanks for any info...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey jtfuel, probably the mitsumi media. In cases of trying to burn poor media,burn it as slow as you can and keep that target at 4300 mbs.

Also to watch out for poor media,even if it does burn and play ok in the pc, stand alone players have a harder time reading them, just a little info you might want to add.

If you are purchasing media o line in canada, there is a thread about that in the dvd-r media forums. I know you can get a larger batch for a lot less $.

I usually pay about 40 cents usa per disc when I find them on sale-maxell,tdk,and sony. I look for made in japan on the wrapper.Japan makes the best discs.

3. jtfuel

jtfuel Member

Thanks for info saugmon

I'm guess it's the media. It says 4x on it, which i think might be too high for this. The previous media i used was Fujifilm and Maxell. Never any problems. Ohh well. More coasters :)