1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix Reloded

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by vishal, Apr 27, 2004.

1. vishal

vishal Member

Hi, I am using Dvd Decrypter and Dvd Shrink and Nero 6. I am trying to back up of Matraix 1 and 2 from past few days. I have been able to decrypt movie and the shrink the movie using DVD shrink, but it is failing again and again. With Same process I am able to copy other copies ( Matrix Reloaded is 2 layer more than 4.75 Gb I have tried even in reauthor mode to burn it in two parts, with same results. I got error while burning (Nero). Any help or suggestion will be help full.

2. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi vishal,
    I backed up matrix reloaded no problem,Ripped movie only because of the size of it with shrink,Sorry i can't help more but there maybe is a burning issue somewhere.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What specific error are you getting?

4. whassup

whassup Regular member

No probs with me using SmartRipper and Shrink. Should be no difference with DVD Decryptor.

Is it failing during the shrink process?

5. vishal

vishal Member

Hi everyone thanks a lot for every one's reply. I am having probelm while burning the movie, no problem while shrinking or ripping the movie (decrypter).I would like to ask thing if I am doing the right procedure.I have an ISO image saved in my Folder(using Decrypter, and then I open that ISO image in Shrink and make back up and then at last trying to burn the image using Nero.I will post the error messase tomorrow, as I am at work at this moment. Every time I have encountered error while using Nero 6. (burn image using saved ISO image)

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You open an ISO in Shrink?

7. vishal

vishal Member

Dear oriphus, yes I open ISO in shrink and then in author mode, I made back of that image.

8. RWG

RWG Regular member

Oriphus-

Uhh...can't you open a ISO with Shrink using Open Files?
    ...never tried it but it sounds feasable...

9. vishal

vishal Member

Dear RWG I don't think you can open ISO image in shring using open file, as it is saved as an image not as a file.

10. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

Hi guys,
    You can open an iso in the latest version of shrink,From the file menu choose open disc image.
    I sometimes create iso with decrypter and open it in shrink to give it a quick check,Then burn with decrypter again.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    john lennon 1940/1980[/small]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  11. ellizit

ellizit Guest

Have you tried another process? Maybe using shrink to rip and encode, and then letting nero burn automatically? That is the process that I have used to burn two out of the three "problematic" titles you mentioned.

12. vishal

vishal Member

Hi I have tried first decrypter then shrink and at last burnt it with nero. As mentioned earlier none of them has worked.

13. vishal

vishal Member

HI Can any please tell me one answer, I have tried to look answer in other forums but unable to get any answer.
    How one can know that DVD shrink is unable to do decrypt one particular movie eg yesterday I was making back of Master of commander, Shrink was able to encode it and save it as a ISO image, later on I open ISO image using nero and burnt it,but after few minutes there was an error saying can't ready the data (using good media). I did that movie using Decrypter, Shrink, and nero and was able to make back up. Want to know without wasting any media how can I know that DVD shrink will not be able to do one movie.
    ONe last questions, Using Shrink and Nero (ISO) it takes me approximately 2 hrs+ to back up any movie, where as other people told me they can do it in max 1hrs. Please Please help me

14. Nephilim

Hi,

If Shrink gets through the rip/encode I would be inclined to say that it's done it's job correctly.

Not having encountered this myself, it sounds like it may be a transfer problem stemming from a fragmented hard drive or maybe your drives aren't set to DMA (which could also explain your slow process times).

I'd suggest defragmenting and ensuring DMA is set for your drives.

Purely out of curiosity, why the need to work strictly with ISO ?

15. Nephilim

How is your drive set up (master or slave)? Are you multitasking while trying to burn?

16. vishal

vishal Member

Dear Nephilimm, thank you for your response.
    First answer- I was able to encode it through Shrink, then it gave problem while burning, but it was done perfectly with Shrink, Decrypter and Nero (but took me more than 2.5hrs)
    I never does multitasking, as my CPU takes 100%strength while processing (computer is 1.70Gz,520mbram with 80GB hard drive)
    I find ISO mode easy to use, you don't have to do much. Please let me know if there is other way I can save time.

Regards

Vishal

17. vishal

vishal Member

Sorry one more thing what is DMA
    Thanks

18. ellizit

ellizit Guest

sorry, double post, read below...

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2004
  19. ellizit

ellizit Guest

I use the straight Shrink / Nero 6 method. According to Shrink's "Total Time" screen at the end of the backup, it takes anywhere from 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes for everything (rip, encode, and burn). I usually never mess with ISO's or anything, just a straight burn. Start the process and come back around an hour later to take the disc out of the drive.

20. vishal

vishal Member

what do you mean by no messing with ISo image. I do the same, using Shrink (which take 1hr20m+for encoding and saving an image. Then Nero6 takes 1.05Hrs. Please explain if there is other way to burn fast.