1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matrix XML

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pma55667, Feb 10, 2004.

1. pma55667

pma55667 Guest

I have the above chip installed in my PS" ver 5/6. I have backed up all my PS2 games, which include Manhunt & EA games etc, which generally seem to cause some people a problem. And all work fine.
    My problem is my PS2 will not play original or backed up ps1 games.
    Any ideas guys would be much appreciated!

2. prkl

prkl Guest

Didn't you get any advice with the chip. Okay, first of all you have a matrix MXL chip or probably MXL-2, I have that one.
    Go to this site: www.infinitymod.com, they are the makers of the matrix chips. There are different boot modes for the chip:
    BOOTING PS2 ORIGINALS, IMPORTS AND BACKUPS.

The loading sequence is unimportant. The machine will behave in the same way as if you are using an original game.

BOOTING PS1 ORIGINALS, BACKUPS AND DVD MOVIES.

With the PS2 on standby position (red light ON), press the reset button and keep pressed until the blue light turns on. The MXL2 will stay in PS1/DVD movies mode until the PS2 is brought back in standby (red light ON).

Press Eject to open the disk tray.

Insert the PS1/DVD MOVIE into the disk tray and press RESET to close tray and start the game/movie.

DISABLING MXL2 (Stealth Mode).

With the PS2 on standby position (red light ON), press the reset button and

keep pressed until the blue light turns ON.

Release reset button and press again within two seconds.

The MXL2 is now completely disabled and transparent to the system until

the PS2 is brought back in standby (red light ON).

3. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

Got same chip, it's bloody great !!!!! Also handles PS2 Reality Player without a problem.

Dene

4. pma55667

pma55667 Guest

Thanks guys, will try that & let u know.
    Matrix chip is spot on, havent had a problem with any ps2 game, no swapping etc a very good chip indeed. And all for £55 inc installation, cant be bad!