1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MATRIX

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jbomar71, Jan 14, 2004.

1. jbomar71

jbomar71 Member

WHEN I TRY TO BACKUP MATRIX IT SAYS ITS TO BIG TO FIT ON DISK HOW DO I GET IT ON ONE DISK OR TWO THANKS

2. XxHaXx

XxHaXx Guest

Use a free program that is found on this site, DVD shrink. Plz try to post in correct forum!!!

3. jbomar71

jbomar71 Member

I am talking about the XBOX game Matrix, not the movie.

4. peachymo

peachymo Regular member

here's a post i found it's the only one i could find aswel!

Enter The Matrix On Two Disks Explained
    I have been noticing alot of confusion out there about how the best way of making a 1:1 backup is of "Enter The Matrix". I have found that if you do not want to lose any of the movies and backup the ENTIRE game, the only way is to put the game on two disks. I have found that using this method makes the most sense due to the simple fact that you can only play the game as either Ghost or Niobe separately. So you just simply make one of the disks the "Niobe" disk and the other "Ghost" disk. There is no disk swapping at all, just pick who you want to go through the game with, and go with that disk. The method is simple, you just FTP the game twice or copy it into 2 directories. The first directory should be named "Niobe" and the second, "Ghost". (So there's no confusion) All you do after that is remove some Ghost movies and levels out of the Niobe directory and remove some Niobe movies out of the Ghost directory. Makes sense right?? Its really easy: _g_ in filnames is for ghost and _n_ is for niobe. Here's what you do:

For the first disk (Niobe directory) you move 5 movies: ( g47_g.vid, g50_g.vid, and g81_g.vid, g40_g.vid, and g89_g.vid) to a temp location. Make 5 copys of the atari.vid (Movies directory) and rename them to match the 5 movies you just moved ( g47_g.vid, g50_g.vid, and g81_g.vid, g40_g.vid, and g89_g.vid ). Place them into the folder that you took the original movies from. After all that, go to the Levels Directory and move the B0_TU_02_G_DOJO.3d2_42 file into a temp location. This will be your dummy file that you will rename to replace other files in this directory the same way the Atari.vid file did for the movies. Here's a list of the files you need to replace: B1_DC_01_G_CITY_SECTION_A.3d2_42, B1_PO_02_G_LOBBY.3d2_42, B1_PO_06_G_2ND_FLOOR_GHOST.3d2_42, B1_PO_07_G_PO_BOXES_AND_LOBBY.3d2_42, B2_SW_02_G_HYDRO_ROOM.3d2_42, B2_SW_04_G_FAN_HALL.3d2_42, B2_SW_03_G_CANALS.3d2_42, B3_MC_04_G_SECRET_PASSAGE_GHOST.3d2_42, and finally B6_CT_02_G_POLICE_QUAD.3d2_42. Thats it, your finished with the first disk, it should be 4.33 gig now. It may still need to be media patched if you havent already.

The second disk (Ghost directory) has the atari.vid replacing 4 movies in the FMV folder( g81_n.vid, g40_n.vid, g45_n.vid, and g89_n.vid ). Move those movies to a temp location and make copys of the atari.vid and rename them to match the 4 movies you just moved( g81_n.vid and g40_n.vid, g45_n.vid, and g89_n.vid). That should shrink it down to 4.32 gig and your done with disk 2. It may still need to be media patched if you havent already.

Use the data burn method and enjoy the game! The E-N-T-I-R-E game!

Oh and by the way, I have also heard there is a way to downsize the the .VID files to make the game fit onto one disk too. If this is true, please let me know how.

hope this helps you