1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-8205 - to make region-free?

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Almirena, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Almirena

Almirena Member

Is there any way to make this DVD player/burner region-free? We've got two more switches until it will be set permanently, and we have a huge range of DVDs from various different zones.

So far, what searching I've done online isn't encouraging - there seem to be various options for a range of DVD burner/players but not this one. AAGH. It's in a notebook computer only recently purchased. Help will be very, very, very welcome.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  3. Almirena

Almirena Member

Thank you, and I will be trying it out.

4. okeykadok

okeykadok Member

I also have the same problem with my VAIO laptop. The Matshita is not supported by DVD Region free, and dvd x player, and dvd ghost does not work at all either. Any other way to get through this. Now am beginning to hate SONY Laptops.

5. Almirena

Almirena Member

I have found the solution to this problem, and I'm pleased enough to start yodelling. (Not really - "Sound of Music" notwithstanding, yodelling isn't actually my thing...)

SlySoft AnyDVD, Version 4.0.4.1. This has completely done away with the computer asking for region code.

Here's the link, although I was fortunate enough to be given the SlySoft programme by a friend:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Happy viewing.

6. jslowi

jslowi Member

Hi, I have the same Matshita dvd-ram and the same problem. I recently bought a Toshiba laptop without knowing there is a built in region lock (my previous didnt have any region locks). The dvd region free doesnt support this dvd-ram. Is SlySoft AnyDvd really working? I actually havent found this version 4.0.4.1. only a newer one.

7. Almirena

Almirena Member

It was that older version which was given to me, but I've no doubt the newer version will also do the trick.

And yes, it's really working! I tested it with DVDs of various region codes, and there was not a problem at all.

8. jslowi

jslowi Member

thanx :)

www.go2sleep.be

9. jslowi

jslowi Member

Hi, can you help? I still have problems, also with AnyDvds. Something is wrong. I still have one region change. I enabled the programm but it says it cannot read the dvd, then interdvd turn on automat. and tells me to change the region. Why? The region should be now invisble to my dvd-ram.

10. jslowi

jslowi Member

I installed anydvd but i still have: error in reading dvd, and anydvd gives me links to pages to flash the firmware (what I dont want to do). But I think its strange coz i have the same dvd-ram (maybe Toshiba has installed something more) and it still isnt supported by ANYDVD, what can I do now? Any suggestions?

11. Syxx_Nyne

Syxx_Nyne Member

have u tried multiple dvds since u installed anydvd or is
    it a certain dvd

12. jslowi

jslowi Member

I tried one dvd coded in region 2 Europe coz I live in Belgium,and it didnt work. Could it be coz there is not only RPC2 but RPC1 too? What now?

13. Almirena

Almirena Member

Darn... I find that the problem IS still there. The DVDs I have used since posting here last time must have been from within regions the drive could read. But the instant I tried to watch a region 1 DVD, I was presented with the same old problem.

Has anyone found a solution? This is simply ridiculous... An individual to be restricted from watching legitimate DVDs on one's own laptop? What is the bizarre reasoning behind this?

Oh well, I don't really care about the reasoning. Some logic-challenged marketing manager decided that consumers were not allowed to watch what they wanted to watch, and Matshita UJ-820S is the idiotic result.

Any solutions? I haven't found any firmware anywhere...