1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

matshita lf-d210 dvd-ram major problems - i cant use it at all???

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by SevenOTwo, Jan 2, 2003.

1. SevenOTwo

SevenOTwo Member

i picked this up from pricewatch for 179, and i realise you get what you pay for

it came with no software and no drivers, not too sure if i need drivers but the only program that i see that is compatable with it is dvd write! pro 4.0 and i cant find that, i want to make sure that it works....does anyone else have this model, and if you do, can you help me....im willing to do whatever i can to get a little help...... sev0two on aim, and iamamp3pimp on hotmail, and yahoo...please get at me or reply here...thanks

2. bigday

bigday Member

hello,, i have the same drive and the same issue,, let me know if you sorted it out..

Thanks

bigday

3. vtecracer

vtecracer Member

Hello, I am also having the same problem, I am using 2000pro and it is detected, but none of my programs detect it!! If you figure it out please also let me know if you figure it out, i will do the same

4. SevenOTwo

SevenOTwo Member

drive is garbage, i saved a little more cash, and picked up the sony dru-500a, dvd+ and -r/rw

its the best burner out, thats how i resolved it......that matshita only does dvd-ram disks

5. bigday

bigday Member

Ok.. i got the drive working,, needs dvd ram media only,, anyone know if there is a firmware update i can use so i can use dvd-r's??

6. guard

guard Member

Same thing , I got 1 off off ebay for 135.00
    Stomp recordnow max supports the drive also.

7. dvldg98

dvldg98 Member

I was able to find support through Panasonic since this is one of their products. It had a driver and some formatting software. I've been able to format DVD-RAM disks and use them in a direct write capacity after formatting them as FAT32 discs. It's basically like having a 4.3GB removable HD, but it only works with the D210. GEAR DVD is supposet to work with it, but I haven't been successful with the trial version.