1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matshita UJ-822Da DVD drive

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by tadman, Jun 2, 2007.

1. tadman

tadman Guest

I have just struck a "region" problem. I'm playing Baldur's Gate and now when I try to open a saved game I get a message saying that the DVD will only play in the USA and Canada. This is silly as I have been playing the game!!

I have recently reloaded Windows XP so this may have caused the problem. I have tried to change the Region setting via Device Mger but it will not let me.

Help please

2. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Its sounds like a piece of minor malware has tampered with your system. I've run across stuff like that on freshly reformated computers (typically the person didn't take the time to put adiquet anti-virus and anti-spyware on their system).

My reccomendation to fix this would be to first download AVG Anti-virus, Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition, and to also run the free scans at bitdefender's website and ewido's website. I'd be including links but time is shade limited. You will also want to download the TuneUp Utilities 2007 trial. Its a limited 30 day trial, but I promise you'll be impressed at what all it can do (I bought it and I'm about as cheap and picky as they come). Anyway, use it for cleaning and defragmenting your registry. Oh, and while you have it, make sure to theme out your pc with the custom boot screens, logon screens, and desktop themes. Basically, get the most out of those 30 days.

If you do all of that, it should resolve your computer and speed it up significantly! (Especially if you tell TuneUp Utilities to Optimize your performance and internet downloads.)