1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MATSHITA UJ-840S RPC2 PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by megs8888, Feb 11, 2007.

1. megs8888

megs8888 Member

HI all I have the above dvd drive and have just bought a program called Any dvd on advisement from a friend my dvd is locked on its last change is region 4. I watch alot of movies i have bought from the USA, how do i make the dvd drive region free???? is this possible at all??? as I cant make back ups of my dvd which renders any dvd program I bought useless.. so frustrating please help and bear in mind im not that technically minded thanks for any help please!!!!!!!!

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

To the best of my knowledge there is no region free firmware available for that drive. I'm also not aware of any software that will reset the change counter for that burner. One may exist but I'm just not aware of it.

Your best bet is to use software like AnyDVD or CSS+Region Free to remove the region protection from the disk. This software makes the disk appear to be region free.

http://www.slysoft.com
    http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

Edit: text added below

When you're using AnyDVD are you still getting a drive region change message?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

4. megs8888

megs8888 Member

hi thanks for the reply, yes I am getting this mesage with any dvd???? and i hace css region free also and that does nothing any ideas?? also can you recomend a good internal and external dvd drive to buy when i buy my next laptop soon im definately not getting the mashita one, regards wayne, also the movie is original and region 2.

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hi meggs8888.

Sorry. I glossed over the fact you had a Matshita drive, the only drive not able to overcome region limitations.

There have been so many changes made by manufacturers this year, it's difficult to know what to recommend. I think my recommendation would be based both on burn quality, frequency of firmware updating, hackability, and installed base. In the past my choices would have been BenQ, NEC, and Liteon. BenQ was purchased by Liteon and NEC has changed the underlying mechanism they use. Liteon would be a recommendation. Plextor is always good but too pricey and they rebrand other companies stuff anyway. LG is very popular as is Philips. I don't like Samsung but many do. I think I'd probably end up with a Liteon if I was buying one today. Good sites for reviews of burners are cdfreaks.com and cdrinfo.com.

6. megs8888

megs8888 Member

Thanks for that your help is much appreciated, is there any other way I can make a back up of the region 1 movie with any dvd etc it comes up with dirty media or rpc2 region issue, all the time I thought it was supposed to remove that, the movie is die hard 3 original from the US, I also have Dvd fab platinum and dvd cloner IV, regards

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

The problem is the drive. There isn't any hacked region free firmware available for that drive and AnyDVD, etc. can't overcome the region protection with this particular burner. Maybe someone else knows of something that's been developed lately for this burner.