1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Matsushita LF-D310

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by wrxbob, May 3, 2003.

1. wrxbob

wrxbob Guest

I recently bought this drive, because I had a Toshiba RAM drive but wanted the capability to burn DVD-R media. The drive install correctly but no software will burn to it. Not even the software that came with it. It does not seem to recognize any media when inserted. Anyone else have these problems with the drive?

2. linkin

linkin Member

hey if i were u i would take it back to the shop and swap it for a diffrent make

3. wrxbob

wrxbob Guest

I take it they are bad drives?

4. nbraybro

nbraybro Member

I have been using this drive for a year and have found it to be faultless. I suggest you remove the drive from your PC by uninstalling and try again.

5. jowook

jowook Member

Check the master-slave jumper.

6. wrxbob

wrxbob Guest

I could not get it to work in a compaq system. I installed it in a home built system and it is working. What media does it like. I had some trouble with Nasuha.

7. nbraybro

nbraybro Member

The LF-D310/311 seems to burn just about anything without complaint (via Nero). The only DVD-R media that will play on my Acoustic Solutionds Dv551 is TDK. All the rest fail after an hour. There's something different/better about them. Don't ask me what though.

8. darrellw

darrellw Member

been using this drive for a while seems to like Ritek G03, Zero Defex (same dye?) media if that is any help.
    general advice seems to be to avoid Nero and use Primo Prassi/Recordmax Now for burning.
    darrellw