1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mattshita ujda710 wont play xcopy dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mrpain101, Apr 3, 2005.

1. mrpain101

mrpain101 Member

Anybody have winxp drivers or any ideas why it wont play. I am using maxell dvd+r and it plays on dvd players and my other computer no problem. Any help for a Newbie would be appreciated.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I'm not sure we understand your question.

You're using a bottom of the line media - one that's not suited for video backup work. Many players and PC's don't like crappy media and won't play them. It seems that you got lucky as most of your players will see and play your poor quality discs.

When attempting to achieve the best burn, consider reducing that burn speed to the 4X area. Iffin you have a new 16X, DL burner, you'll probably do well at 6X. It is my feeling that 8X and over leads to occasional coasters, even when using top grade stuff such as Verbatim DataLife Plus media.

The second part of the solution is to always use a decent grade media. I suggest something like those discs made by Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, Mitsubishi or RICOH. Unfortunately they are also the discs most plagued by pirate Mfgrs. and for that reason I like dealing with Mertline, Supermediastore OR Newegg who have a great return policy on their products. I have had great luck with Ritek, RiData and Verbatim DataLife Plus discs and their prices are extremely reasonable.[/b] As a passing note, when buying Verbatim's, they come with a lifetime warrantee. Return them with your sales slip OR register receipt and a new one will be shipped to replace it.

Cheers,

Pete

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

It could be the way XCopy authors or which ever book type they use.

I have a RCA player that will not play any backups made by XCopy, but will play backups made by just about every other program out there.

I would try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to see if you still have the same problems.

4. mrpain101

mrpain101 Member

Thanks I plan on trying a new media(better quality), it just perplexes me that on my other computers( there are 4 in the house) and the dvd players it works fine. Cannot find drivers even from Panasonic for thier product and was hoping maybe somebody else might have come across the same problem. I have read about ten different forums with people looking for drivers for this dvd combo drive that seem to be having the same issue(not just wirh dvd xcopy). Some have looked for weeks and no replys. I am actually thinking of just installing a new one as I use my laptop on the road alot. Thanks again.

Feel like smashing it!

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@mrpain101,

I looked over your posts and don't see a mattshita ujda710 DVD combo drive OR a Panasonic mattshita ujda710 OR a Panasonic ujda710 OR any other combo -

Is the drive encrypted elsewhere in your posts?

Surly you wouldn't come here looking for help and not tell us anything we could use - No one would be that thoughtless -

Soooo, can you give us a clue i.e., every third letter and the numbers reversed ?

Pray tell . . . .

6. mrpain101

mrpain101 Member

Nah sorry pete I didnt have it in my post I just figured most people would read the thread at the beginning, every second letter backwards but only if you stand in a vortex.LOL.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Mumble, mumble,

That gosh darn vortex thingie,

when will I ever remember to add that as a controlling factor :)