1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max Drive Pro is out!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ouriço, Jan 30, 2005.

1. ouriço

ouriço Member

hello

just to say that the max drive pro is already available, at least the max drive pro pc software is and you can download it in the codejunkies/datel support page. People, like me, who has the max drive evo editon with the max drive pro pc software can start to try out the dol files without pso.

2. psikic

psikic Member

Apparently, the Max Drive Pro is not being sold yet. I have had an order with codejunkies.com for 2 weeks and they have been giving me the runaround, saying it is in stock, then out of stock, then in stock, then out of stock....

Here is what their support team says:

"The Gamecube Max Drive Pro was in stock for a short period of time. However, we found that there were some miscommunications with the developers of this product and some of the features were inadvertently left out of the Gamecube Max Drive Pro. We are currently working with the developers to redesign the product however; it might be a while before the product is re-released."

Another support tech said on the phone that they sold a few of them, and accidentaly included the disc from the Max Drive original version in the package. I do not believe anyone there really knows what is going on...

3. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

So, is that max drive pro like SD card&action replay?
    what is the differences between them?

and by the way, max drime pro's disk can boot itself, and it's not from nintendo, so how could they made that disk??

4. psikic

psikic Member

I believe it is like the Max Drive original, except it includes a disk that can boot itself and run code (in a .dol file) from the Max Drive (USB-enabled memory card).

If you have the right resources, you can create a self-booting gamecube disc... they probably have the Nintendo Gamecube SDK.

5. Flandrel

Flandrel Regular member

It would be great if they could use this to make a selfbootable GC game along the lines of what was done with the Dreamcast. I for one would prefer a Gamecube console that could boot up games without having to mod it all.

Guess we will see what happens along this line if someone gets the idea to try it out.

Flandrel