1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max size for MPEGs in NeroVision Express 3?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by MrPandy, Feb 12, 2005.

1. MrPandy

MrPandy Member

I've saved video clips from an old Beta VCR as MPEGs using an TV Wonder Pro card, and I am attempting to save them as a movie on DVD. When I try to add the files to a project in NeroVision Express 3, I can add short files, but it ignores all of the larger clips (800mb to 1.8GB). Is there a maximum size for MPEGs used in NV Express 3? Or do I have to use my WinDVD Creator 2 instead? Thanks!

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

What do you mean it "ignores them." Can you see them when you browse to them? Are you saying it refuses to add them to the Asset View?

There is no maximum size that I know of in NVE3. I know I've added an mpeg that was over 2GB on occasion.

3. MrPandy

MrPandy Member

Yep, I can see them when I browse to them, and I can add shorter files to the Asset View (up to 60mb so far)but I can't add the larger files. A popup window appears for a second, then nothing happens. No freezing or error messages, but also no file added to the Asset View.

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, that's very strange. I don't think it has anything to do with file size, per se. Have you tried adding other large files (i.e. other than these MPEG's captured with the video card)? If you can add other large files, then that would narrow it to something having to do with those particular files. Are those files viewable in a media player?

5. MrPandy

MrPandy Member

I tried another 733mb MPEG that I had downloaded before, and it can be added to the Asset View, but all of the new ones that I made (482mb to 1.8gb) just can't be added. All of them play just fine in Windows Media Player, Nero ShowTime and PowerDVD.

When I created them, I selected DVD-Quality [MPEG-2, 720x480, NTSC(525), 8.00 MBit/second, Audio 48.000 KHz, 16 Bit, Stereo]. I thought that MPEG-2 was the safest bet, but should I have used a different form or a lower quality? They also work in WinDVD Creator, but I wanted to try NeroVision to see if the audio/video sync was a little better.