1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maxdata dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GameON, Aug 14, 2004.

1. GameON

GameON Guest

hi guys can you please help me im trying to burn on maxdata dvd-r with nero 6.3.1.15 and i keep getting a illegal disc error..i have also tryed clonedvd and hot burn pro that came with my dvd burner (burner is a iomega dual dvd -+ burner) im trying to back up a few dvds and games but nothing works...other dvd-r such as verbatim, tdk, sony, shintaro seem to work... please help thanks

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

It appears your MaxData media just isn't going to work in your particular drive.

Before every burn the drive will burn a small portion to the disc in order to calibrate the laser and decide if the disc is good enough to commence burning so no amount od software is going to change your drive's mind.

You can however try updating the firmware for your drive in order to improve media compatibility. Here's a great site for firmwares:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

Be very careful that you download the firmware for your exact model drive and follow the directions very carefully :)

3. GameON

GameON Guest

thanx man but that whats no good... i think it maybe the dvds oh well i will keep trying if anyone has any more ideas it would be a great help thanx again..

4. GameON

GameON Guest

firmware upgrade dont seem to do anything if anyone out there uses maxdat dvd-r's and they work could u tell me how i could fix the prob thanx

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's what I was trying to say in my above post, the discs are no good :)