1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxell 4x DVD-R What do you think?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bratcher, Mar 9, 2005.

1. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I picked up a 10 pack at Walgreens for $9.99 the other day since Diskmarket was a little slow in shipping my 15 free DVD's (they are made by TY & should come by Friday) as part of my Plextor DVDRW drive purchase.

Here is the media code for the Maxell's...

Manufacturer : Maxell
    Code : MXL RG02
    Disc Type : DVD-R
    Usage : General
    Recording Layer : -
    Recording Speed : 4 X
    Capacity : 4.38 GB
    4706076672 Bytes
    Additional Capacity : -
    Overburn Capacity : -

My Plextor is a 16x burner. Did I buy some good discs or will they be problems with this media?

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I've had nothing but great success using Maxell +R media ... I've never used the -R stuff but Maxell is a good media manufacturer ... Look by the barcode, if it says "Japan" somewhere, it's worthy ... I have used several hundred +R Maxell discs and coasters are nonexistant ...

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  3. budberner

budberner Guest

If you like Maxell Office Depot has 25 packs for $10 plus and dash don,t know ID #'s or where manufactured just saw it in the paper and thought I'd pass it on to Maxell users

4. swervin

swervin Regular member

The Maxell MXL RG02's are one of the best disks out there. I have used (and still using) a ton of these and never one bad burn. I have nothing but good things to say about these.

Mike

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those are some very good maxell's,mxl-rg02. I would take them anyday. There are also 2 other manufacturers for those yellowtops, tygo1 and ritek go4. You shouldn't go wrong with any of those manufacturers.