1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxell Dvdrs

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Pumpkin_, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Pumpkin_

Pumpkin_ Guest

Are these good for ps2 games??? because i just burnt a game n the ps2..makes lots of noises compared to when an original game is inserted..

2. Pumpkin_

Pumpkin_ Guest

i tried burning another games and this one doesnt make much sound.....could it be the way to burn?

3. captnkidd

captnkidd Guest

MAxell DVDs are not that great for PS2 games. I've used Verbatim and I've had 95% success rate.

C

4. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

I use maxell all the time and they work great. What program and speed did u use??

5. Pumpkin_

Pumpkin_ Guest

for 1(the one that makes noises) i used aclohol 120% for the other that works OK i used DVD decrypter

oh yeah and both were burning at 4 x

and i must say i saw something weird with alcohol..when it burnt the buffer was always down and then it would go up for 30 secs every 5 mins and...could that be one of the reasons

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2005
  6. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

burn slower. 2x max. btw r u using a chip or smd and r they dvd-r or +r??

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2005
  7. Pumpkin_

Pumpkin_ Guest

i got a chip and i use -

8. Pumpkin_

Pumpkin_ Guest

and.. are mitsumi dvdr any good? thx ;)

9. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Maxell are good.
    save the mitsumi for movies.

Burn slower 2x(max)
    for newer ps2 and games use +r

10. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

ya maxells are great 95-100 % rate but there are fakes out there so beware of that

11. Pumpkin_

Pumpkin_ Guest

ah ok! thx to all! but 1 thing im wondering about..why the + for new games? oh and when i try burning at 1 x with dvd decrypter it always go to 4x while burning eventought i changed it to 1x

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2005
  12. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

well +r reads faster in the new ps2's like with a game like gta sa you would want to use +r if you disire, since the ps2 can read it better, and don't worry about the speed thing happend to me but i found out it really doesn't matter to much i've burned 20 brand new realesd games on to -r at 4x using dvd decrypter and they all work perfect but just to be sure use good media when going at 4x

13. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

actually speed matters, i've gotten better results with same dvd-r at 2x than 4x.

14. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

well it doesnt to me i can burn at 4 and get the exact results as i would at 2 or 1 why the hell would i want to wait an hour and some for something i can get in 10 minutes that has the exact results

15. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

people get different results, but many people had better success with lower speed.

16. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

no, you get better success with certain media

17. Pumpkin_

Pumpkin_ Guest

but is there anyway to block the speed of dvd decrypter?

18. pazza1

pazza1 Guest

i have some maxell 4x dvd+r and i put san andreas on one and it worked perfect it makes a few noises but i think this is because i have a slimline ps2 which are noisier anyway i tested one on dvd identifier and they turned out to be made by taiyo yuden so im really happy