1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAXELL MEDIA?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by 6foot7, Feb 22, 2005.

1. 6foot7

6foot7 Member

I recently purchased some Maxell 8x -DVD media and tried burning them at 4X, but I am getting a lot of freezing. I know that Maxell is in the process of replacing all of the 4X media with 8X. Is there anyone else having problem burning higher speed media at a lower speed? No! I am not having any problems burning the 4X media at all, plus or minus

2. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I've burned some 8x Memorex at 4x & had no problems whatsoever.It may be the program you're using to copy the movie..hope that helps.

3. kinza

kinza Regular member

I also have the Maxell 8x goldtops. I have not had any problems with them. I think they are great discs. The problem might be your burner, try upgrading firmware.

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah 6foot7 i try a firmware update or you may just have a bad batch and btw thats NOT a minus ITS A DASH to be correct so you should say dvd plus or dvd dash

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

No problem burning 8x media at 4x for me. I use sony + 1x-8x,verbatim data life plus +8x,maxell +8x, and kinza's maxell -8x gold tops. All my burners burning great. The standalone players? My sony will play everything. My dvd recorder and apex are still picky on my old kypermedia +8x burner and new I/O 16x burner I got this week. Those gold top-s are outperforming all those others on that I/O burner.

6foot7, sounds like that player doesn't care for those -8x maxell's. Those maxell +8x's have been checking out as hitachi and maxell-002-00,Made in Japan.The + has been playing better on all the stand alone players I use my backups in.

Can you give us a code on your Maxell -8x's?

I just got back from Office Depot, They have buy a 50 pk spindle of maxell +/-/4x/8x for $35 and get 1 free. 100 discs for $35.00,pretty good price. With that low of a price,i thought they would have run out of them early in the week,buy my local store had a shi* load,lol The -4x's there should code as ritek-go4,they all had "made in taiwan" on the labels.