1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxell or Verbatim question

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by BSeechoma, May 7, 2007.

1. BSeechoma

BSeechoma Member

I have been using TDK's with beautiful results but now everyones comments have me scared about their playback in a few months. I don't order offline so was wondering what instore brands you recommend. Also what everyone thinks of Maxell's? The whole coding everyone talks about goes right over my head but I really want some quality disks. I have seen Verbatims at bestbuy and such but not sure if they are the right ones to buy, and I run across Maxell's on sale alot I think they have the yellow top on the disk. I have learned so much from this forum and figured you could give me the best advice.
    Thanks!!!

2. coachop94

coachop94 Guest

Just stick with the Verbatim brand and you'll be fine. Keep reading about the other brands until you understand what to look for with the others.Best Buy usually has the Verbatims in stock since they carry them. Walmart always has the Verbatim Lightscribe Dvds and Dual-Layer Dvds.

3. coachop94

coachop94 Guest

You also need to know if your burner uses +R,-R,or Dual-Layer. Whatever the TDK'S your were using that format will work.

4. BSeechoma

BSeechoma Member

Thanks I will do that :)

5. coachop94

coachop94 Guest

Glad to be of help. Happy Burning!!

6. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

If you have had "beautiful" results with TDK, that is an indication that your drive/recorder works well with them. If so, there should be no problem with them lasting a few decades with proper care. Those who have not had such luck generally have drives/recorders that are not so compatible; and poor recordings will always produce discs that do not last a long time.

Verbatim and Maxell make excellent discs, but do not be frightened into switching to them because of problems other people have had if those problems do not apply to you. There are people who have had problems with another "excellent disc" that are due to its incompatibility with a number of older drives, yet no one claims that recordings on this disc will last only a short time because it is a favorite on this web site. You can switch to Verbatim or Maxell and have great recordings; or it sounds as though you can stick with TDK and have identical results.