1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maxell Sale

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by StanH1000, Apr 15, 2005.

1. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

Starting sunday Maxell DVD media will be on sale at Staples:
    Maxell DVD media 50/pack
    Save $22. SPECIAL BUY. $17.94 Reg. $39.98
    Valid Apr 17 - 30 In-Store Savings
    573525-DVD-R, 573411-DVD+R

2. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

Maxell sale this week at Office Depot.

8x DVD+R and 8x DVD-R, 100 pack for 37.99.

The sale ends tomorrow, April 16!!!

These discs are made in japan and the id is: MXL RG03. I guess these are new productions discs since the tops come in a variety of color: navy blue, light blue, apple green.

I got myself 8 100-packs!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2005
  3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

TY are on sale for 23 buck and 7 bucks shipping so 30 bucks total for 100 at supermediastore.com. i will stick with thoses

4. btitus

btitus Regular member

I picked up the 100 pack of dvd+r at Office Depot. They have hot pink tops!!!! I wasn't expecting that!!! They work fine though.

5. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

I too noticed and bought a 100-pack of the 8x DVD-R media at Office Depot. I noticed, however, that some of the packages were labeled "Made in Taiwan" and some were labeled "Made in Japan". The packaging was identical is every other respect. It would probably be a good idea to check each package before buying. If anyone has any of the Taiwanese packages, I'd be curious to know the media code. The ones I have are just like lantawbin's above: MXL RG03

6. btitus

btitus Regular member

Thanks to this site I always check the packages first. I look for Made in Japan and if I don't see it I move on!!!

7. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

8 100 packs, wow, i thought i was excessive in buying blank media~ hehehe :)

anyways, i bought a few packs only (3 to be exact, 2 plus format and 1 dash format), mine are the apple green color tops, they look pretty nice actually, same media code as you stated and so far after about 7-10 burns, very good..work pretty well.

nice find, good luck to all those that can still find the Made in Japan ones...i saw quite a few of the Made in Taiwans, left those for anyone else that might need blank Maxells. my 3 spindles, were MIJ thanks~

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Starting today, OfficeMax have the maxell 50 pack spindles for $18.99 in case anybody buys their media there and don't have a nearby staples.

9. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

no officemax nearby, but, thanks for the heads up~ good day to you saugmon

10. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

Oh, you mean Office Depot?

AT the Staples, Office Depot and Office Max stores, I have been educating people about discs Made in Taiwan and the bad stuff that goes with it. Told them to look for made in Japan discs.

11. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

With reagrds to TY discs that you buy from Meritline and Supermedia store that have the excess disc, I was told by a friend who lives in Japan that those are PROBABLY discs that didn't pass in QC because of the aesthetic looks. They are still good discs (save for one or two) but in Japan, they don't sell them because they are rejects. And they dump it here in the US!

12. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

SWEET~ looks like im sitting on a TON of rejects then~ hooray for me, i got like over 1,500 reject discs now that still need to be used :p aesthetically, yes, people have complained about the excess glue on the outer edges, and i have noticed this too, but they work just fine with my setup and i have nothing to complain about. interesting bit of info though, i will still continue to use these until i am completely out of them, which won't be until the end of summer, so i still have some time :)

13. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

Sorry, I didn't mean to piss off people about the TY discs. But in Japan, they are so particular about what they sell and buy in the stores. For example, a California lemon is sold there in single packs wrapped nicely in plastic.

14. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

you didn't piss me off at all~ i was jokingly making a point about the massive amounts of these 4x TYGO1s i have left, as i can understand by your response, i know the japanese are very particular about "packaging" and take great pride in the aesthetic aspect of everything they sell, i was in Japan a few years ago in Tokyo visiting family, so, i know exactly what you are talking about...everything from grocery store to department store, everything is so neatly wrapped and packaged and my aunt told me that even the slightest imperfection on the outside, the product will be removed immediately from the shelves. i know where you are coming from, but, these "rejects" from Japan are great for me in the U.S. keep the rejects coming Japan, i really like the TY i get.

15. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

My bad, I meant Office Depot has these maxell's.

OfficeMax have Crappy Imations,spindle of 50 for $17.99!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2005
  16. daimyo

daimyo Member

hmn...interesting, but I would like to know what they are first, maxell could mean any # of things right?

can you post the info please?

17. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

You guys really have me confused on all this media stuff. I'll dread the day I need to re-up! lol

18. lantawbin

lantawbin Guest

Maxell on sale this week at Office Depot and Staples: most spindles about 9 in 10 are made in Taiwan! At least in Bay Area!

19. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

lantawbin, Most of the japanese maxell's in my are: The 8x's I have run into are from there. The dash 8x are the gold top,coded MXLRG-03 and the plus 8x are: Maxell-002-00.
    Now on the dash 4x yellowtops, They are made by Taiyo yuden,Maxell,and Ritek. Those Ritek go4's are made in taiwan. The mxl-rgo2 and tygo1's are made in japan. These are all very good media.
    In the +4x plus maxell's, Every batch I ran into were Ricohjpn-01,also made in taiwan.I used a lot of different quantity and spindle amounts. These are performing just as good as my ty's and verbatims.
    For both my benq 1620's, they love all of this maxell media.They are very good if you want to buy local,on sale media.It's also great for the newbs,when they have issues on crappy media.I personally like all of their manufacturers,not a crappy one out of the bunch, so far.
    Now I am into ink-jet printable media so it's verbatim data life plus +8x for me. But,I am always trying out new "on sale" media.

20. na_tra

na_tra Member

lantawbin:

i dont care those discs were rejected for whatever reason, they work fine for me and much cheaper than the Memorex i got.
    so, i m using those TY now.