1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum Compression Allowed

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Prisoner, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Hello
    I have seen a lot of info about double sided to one side or 2 to 1. But has any one tried three movies into one movie. I would like to make a full length version of Back to the future, mixing all three films to one disk without pause. I don't care too much about quality, just wonder if possible with DVD shink, DVD2one or any other program.
    Thanks.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You can do it using TMPGEnc DVD Author. But you should know that the quality will be so bad, it will be jumpy the whole time.

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I think I am going to try it this long weekend. I can tell you how it works out. I was thinking of usign a Divx way, but that would not be suported on a DVD player (at least mine). So hopfully the quality is not too bad.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its a bit like VCD quality once converted. On the big screen like my projector, it doesnt look to hot, but its ok on the smaller screens

5. magnetic

magnetic Regular member

I've successfully put the double DVD, extended version (extra 30mins or so) of the Lord of the Rings onto 1 DVD.
    Decrypt the files onto the HD into seperate folders, check the vts files (01 for both of mine)
    I used DVD Shrink on each DVD to shrink the files by level 10.
    I deleted the first vts as it had the menu stuff, from both dvd's and the last one from the 2nd DVD as it was just credits.
    Rename the vts and place the ones from DVD2 into the dvd1 folder, vts's now numbered 1 to 8 Then use IFO edit to clean up the files, removing unwanted audio and subtitles.
    Then either shrink again or use a program like InstantCopy, which will fit the files to the Blank DVD.
    Quality was totally watchable on a 32inch widescreen and I don't have to get up to change the DVD's half way through.

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Long weekend has gone and passed. The first attempted I Copied using DVDxPRess and then TMPGEnc DVD Author could not see the Vob files for some reason, so I could not author the memu file. I tried Info Edit. But using Winxp I did have lots of trouble open through the menus. So next attempt I am going to use Decript to get to Hard disk. Question, should Shrink be used befor TMPGEnc or after? I think after, but wanted to be clear. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2003
  7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I did LOTR with extended 30mins on one disc and its a pile of Sh*te on a 60" scren, though on my 25" samsung it looks ok. It really comes down to the size of your intended screen. Anything over 2hours 30mins i just put on to two usually.