1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximus Lizard Experience

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 3rdDegree, Aug 2, 2013.

1. 3rdDegree

3rdDegree Member

I am pretty technical in nature,For example I ran the electrical in most of my house, installed a modern controller board in my hot tub, work and I work on comoputer networks for a living. I am curious if the Maximus Lizard is a good fit. I have a 5 year old flash right now I need to update and am thinking of ordering one of these to assist with the process. I only have a laptop at my disposal.
    Thanks.

2. 3rdDegree

3rdDegree Member

A follow up discussion, I am really liking the functionality of the X360 key, with this device do I still need the maximus lizard?

3. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

The Lizard is used as a means to flash the XBox drives as well as get the key off the drive. The Lizard is useful if you don't want to have to worry about trying to flash drives with your computer, and trying to figure out if your motherboard is compatible for flashing, etc...

If you've used Jungle flasher before and know that you are able to flash your drive with your current motherboard, then you probably don't really need a Lizard. However, in my opinion, the Lizard is a little more user friendly and straight forward than flashing with Jungle Flasher and a PC.

That said, in your case, if a laptop is all you have, I'd probably pick up a Lizard. And yes, if you plan to use an xkey, you'll want a Lizard. You'll need the Lizard to get the drive key off your Xbox drive and put it onto the xkey.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

The xkey is the way to go. The lizard is a good tool to get the firmware dump from your drive. IF you have a fat console it's probably over kill. Some of the slims requiring drilling and this tool makes it pretty simple. If you have a newer slim, then you will have to RGH aka solder tools to the motherboard to get the CPU key.