1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maxtor 300 gb 5400 rpm

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dclynds, Apr 18, 2005.

1. dclynds

dclynds Member

I can get an older 5400 rpm, MAXTOR, 300GB hard drive for a really great price. Will a modded xbox be able to recognize and utilize all 300 GBs? Or is there a limit? Also, is there a major difference between the 5400 and 7200 speeds when used in an Xbox? I read somewhere that the speed difference isn't noticable and that a 7200 will just generate more heat which would require another cooling system. Any information or documentation of experience would be greatly appreciated.

2. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

The answer is yes-but use Slayers 1.6 and it'll do everything for you-Do a search on google to find it. and I've heard that about the 7200 as well I have one in my box (80G) but you can adjust the fan speed to compensate for the heat.

3. dclynds

dclynds Member

anyone know if there is a recognizable difference between 5400 rpms and 7200?

4. Macdawgg

Macdawgg Regular member

To be honest 'NO" its not like you games load faster or anything like that. Its just that the standard for drives now is 7200. But no difference at all.