1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May 7th, 2007 xbox 360 update

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by SGTVenom, Apr 10, 2007.

1. SGTVenom

SGTVenom Member

i have flashed my firmware on my xbox 360 and i have a wonderful question for all you modders out there.

does anyone know if Microsoft is going to try and fix peoples xboxs with this dashboard update so that the dvd drive cant be flashed?

also i am asking this because i read somewhere that MS might try to "Brick" peoples dvd drive if they have flashed them. is this true or false?

any imput would be greatly appreciated

2. Kblake

Kblake Member

This topic is getting ridiculous. If your paranoid sell your system to a friend that isn't paranoid, and go to wal-mart and buy a new system that hopefully for your sake has a Benq drive!

3. SGTVenom

SGTVenom Member

why a Benq drive?

im not paranoid but was just a simple question.
    cuz i have the security code from my drive just in case... also i mod part time and have about 20 other drives laying around.

4. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

Why is it ridiculous to be paranoid about such things? Nobody wants to get banned, and there's nothing wrong with trying to be on the safe side.

As for the "bricking" question, I doubt they'll ever even think of doing something like that. With the old XBox, they just banned you off Xbox Live. Bricking the whole DVD drive and thus rendering the 360 useless without a new drive is taking it a bit too far.

5. SGTVenom

SGTVenom Member

thats what i am thinking... they would just be hurting themselves

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

It's getting ridiculous, because the question is asked here daily. Go back the last 3 pages and there's at least one thread on it. Also for so many reasons it's highly doubtful anything will be done about hacked firmware, but it's not like anyone here works for MS and is going to spill the beans on it. They are the only ones who would know for sure what's going to happen with that update.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i have to agree with mem on this one, it is getting very ridiculous when all you read about is update this update that. instead of posting a new thread everytime, maybe people should read what everyone else has posted, that way we wouldnt have 30 threads on the same topic every darn day.

8. Manc89

Manc89 Member

the people with flashed fireware on dvd drive wll not be able to use them after the update. why dont you just ring microsoft, its your own fault doing this in the first place.

i wonder why they doing this because bill gates is losing out alot of money because people modding there 360s and so when the update does come out you will have to buy a new one and you czant do anything about it cos ur being illegal in the first place.

9. meashzila

meashzila Member

i got my 360 flashed off a mate, he gave me a disc also and sed it will back up to its original state thus meaning with the warranty still active if it buggers my machine im taking it back lol, but i hope it doesnt, i have became one with my machine

10. Manc89

Manc89 Member

make more of those discs and sell them on ebay lol... it may stop people for all this panic

11. meashzila

meashzila Member

good idea man, ill have a few pennies for meself. im gonna have to find out off me mate if it works for all drives and the likes firstly

12. wabashman

wabashman Active member

ya that would be a good idea IF it would work for every drive, which it WONT. each drive has a unique key, that is why we must go through the process of obtaining your origonal fw to make the hacked fw instead of just putting the hacked fw on to begin with. and go ahead and send it back when it reflashed to the origonal fw, they will still charge you since your warranty sticker is going to be ruined. and people with flashed drivs will be able to use them after the update. if microsoft hasnt done anything yet, i doubt they will do anything this spring. there is no reason to think that they will.

13. Manc89

Manc89 Member

"people with flashed drivs will be able to use them after the update."

is that so eh? according to some guy on the other end of the phone at xbox customer services he said the update will not work on different drives and therefore ya buggared.

its common sense, if there bringing out an update for there very own drive thats its just goin to work for that drive! not some flashed drive.

gawd.

14. wabashman

wabashman Active member

what?
    and did you talk to this person yourself? or is this what a friend of a friend told a friend online?

15. meashzila

meashzila Member

no this friend is the friend that flashed my 360 who then gave me the disc and told me it will back up to its original state or firmware whatever ya wanna call it. i sed that in my first post

16. meashzila

meashzila Member

woops, didnt realise u cuda bin talking to the guy whos on about xbox hotlines and all that jazz

17. wabashman

wabashman Active member

like i thought.....and i highly doubt that the microsuck people on phone know whats in the update other than whats been posted allready, msn messenger, acheivment update, ect since all they do is look at a damn computer screen with your name and other bs information on it. so the only way ill believe that this update is going to ruin my hacked 360 is when people start post 'DONT GET THE UPDATE, IT RUINED MY 360!!!' all over this forum and everywhere else they possibly can.

18. meashzila

meashzila Member

same, im gonna wait till sumones done it, does anyone know if i was to upgrade to the 120 hard drive wen its here if this will effect the flashed disc drive?

19. wabashman

wabashman Active member

lol, thats just like asking if this update is going to ruin your drive, or if the game updates that you sometimes get will ruin it. but i highly doubt it will. how come your getting the 120 drive? do you download a lot of the arcade games or something?

20. meashzila

meashzila Member

yea i have an obsession with downloading all the old crap and just any crap, ive spent so much on those bloody points but i do get to play sum tmnt and paperboy and smash tv lol, im not for sure wen i will get one but eventually i will want to upgrade, does anyone know the crack for the on demand tv on 360??