1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May Be a Dumb Question but Please Help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by atliens, Jun 10, 2007.

1. atliens

atliens Member

I had been using old versions (over 2 yrs old) of DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink to back up my movies, however, recently, I've noted a lot of them I'm unable to backup due to I/O errors, etc.

So, I've tried using DVD HD Decryptor and that has worked on a couple but still has some errors. I have 2 questions:

1- I have a single layer burner and used to rip using Decryptor and then shrink/burn with dvdshrink. How can I shrink/burn using dvdshrink with the new DVD HD Decryptor? (the output files form the new HD Dec. seem to have a separate folder for Audio and Video) and I can only load/open one folder at a time into the shrink program.

2- What additional things should I d/l and run to make sure I can properly back up ALL movies/shows (for instance, I'm having problems with my West Wing dvds).

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi atleins
    Since Shrink and Decrypter are no longer updated that could be why your getting the I/O errors etc cause they can't handle the newer copy protections.
    DVDFab HD Decrypter is still updated though and will handle anything out there. Use it just like decrypter - rip the dvd to your hard drive then open the video_ts folder in Shrink.
    You don't need the audio_ts folder - usually empty anyhow. The video_ts folder has the video and audio.

What problem are you having with West Wing?
    Another free program you may want to add is FixVTS - link.
    After you rip w/ DVDFab if Shrink gives you an error run the files thru FixVTS.

Then there's AnyDVD and CloneDVD - very easy and handles anything out there too. Not free but has a 21 day free trial.

3. atliens

atliens Member

AWESOME reply. Thank you so much for the help. Will try your suggestions!

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're very welcome!
    If you need anymore help we're just a post away!