1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

may only select region 5 times!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by yogiduff, Nov 1, 2004.

1. yogiduff

yogiduff Member

Hello Everyone,

after upgrading laptops, I now have the NEC ND-6500 DVD +- rw, however this drive only allows the option to change region 5 times this is obviously useless for us. I am a bit nervous of flashing the drive (which there is an option via dangerous brothers) so i tried anydvd running in the background and then usig the usual combination of shrink and recordnow. succesful burn created but no playback in either laptop or standalone. media is the usual stuff i would use ie. tdk 1-4x dvd-r.

any help greatly appreciated.

thank you

2. firewire

firewire Member

I use the combo, dvddecryptor, dvdone2one and record now. No need to keep changing the regions on the drive itself. Just use decryptor, it will make your project region free. After you have ripped the movie to your hard drive you could use shrink or one2one before burning.

3. yogiduff

yogiduff Member

thankyou firewire makes sense, i shall try tonight.
    much appreciated

4. yogiduff

yogiduff Member

incidentally firewire, do you suffer the same problem with your burner? and this is your chosen way of getting round the problem?

5. firewire

firewire Member

Part of the firmware in all dvd drives restrict the number of times you can change the region. You can get round this by 1. Firmware upgrade (can be risky, software or removing restriction as described above. Have fun. Firewire