1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe a 321 forum?

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Nephilim, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I know about AD's Xcopy forum but Xcopy questions keep popping up here so maybe if we had a forum for 321's products it would help keep most of the Xcopy questions in a single forum. I've noticed Xcopy questions in just about every DVD forum.

There are several members here who use the software and are familiar with it that would hopefully cruise through it regularly and help. Many of the scattered Xcopy questions go unanswered since many of the users in the other forums don't use it and don't really care (me included) but since this site is all about helping people it may be a good thing.

Just a thought :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    JMLS-166S/Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  2. brobear

brobear Guest

Nephilim,
    Probably a good idea. I to have run across many XCopy questions. As a user of XCopy (sometimes) I am familiar with a lot of the problems encountered with the software and a bunch of the canned responses handed out by 321 tech support. So when I see a distraught XCopier, I try to help.

3. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Being an ex-321er, I try and help the 321 unfortunates as much as I can as well.
    Good Idea Nephilim.

Oh and BTW, 321studios will file bankruptcy soon.
    You heard it here. Yes its true.

4. Nephilim

One little company against Hollywood's financial might..........

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Have you guys checked out the AD's dvdxcopy forum? Nobody's getting any help. Also the rules are much more strict ... ever since the court decisions.

1) You can't post software links
    2) Most if not all questions about ripper versions go unanswered
    3) And most people are encouraged to post here. At least that's what I encourage :)

One night I spent over an hour answering posts. I'll admit ... didn't read the rules about posting software links (think it was a new one anyways), but instead of editing my posts ... the MOD's just deleted all of them. So, just had to go back and re-post more carefully :)

6. brobear

brobear Guest

You got it Flip. The DVDXCopy forum is handicapped to the point where it can't be much help. I went there back when the ripper was still legal and it wasn't much help then. Now with all the strict rules they have to adhere to, the forum is crippled to the point of being useless. From the beginning one wasn't supposed to speak of other software. That was sent to open forum here at AD. Since 321 lost the court ruling, that made ripper software taboo. The only thing to speak of is RF and the new programs. And since you can't speak of alternative usage or rippers, what's the use. They may as well post some user guides and 321 tech support links and give it up.

Notice how frustrated the Mods are? Looking at it from the other side; 321 can't afford to get into trouble with the court. So, it really isn't the fault of the forum, but the rules dictated by the legal system. Strike another blow by the studios and their lackies against fair use. I'd like to see this as an open vote for the general public instead of legislation by the courts and the studio paid politicians.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2004
  7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yeah.... cuz them XCopy question pop up in the wierdest places...

8. coachop94

coachop94 Guest

Hi guys, I think it's a good idea. I've recieved much help from all of you. It digusts me that those of us that paid out our hard earned money for software that these FAT CATS legally neuterd because they are so greedy and can't stand for others to prosper(321 studios) they seem to enjoy financially raping companies they know may run out of money before they could get a just ruling.I'm sure they went after them after researching whether or not they had the money to fight them.Thhe more I see this kind of stuff happening the more I think I should be a lawyer.But I'm not real fond of them either. They do serve an important purpose.Sorry for rambling on.I'm just one of those people that will fight to the end. I won't give up easy. You are a great bunch and if I had not 321's product I can't say if I would have ever found you. THANKS!! for being here.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Praetor,
    A bit cryptic. Yes, but the XCopy question or questions is just a focus for the whole. Fair Use, our right to use that which we legally purchased. All the other software recording programs and tools and our rights fall under the same domain.

Coachop
    Have you thought of being the 321 poster girl Coach? I haven't heard if they found their poster person yet. They're looking for someone to file suit in their name for a Fair Use case. Check it out on the DVDXCopy forum or the 321 website.

10. coachop94

coachop94 Guest

brobear, Unfortunately that I can not because of my employment. That would be a violation of our d.c.codes and grounds for termination. I have pestered my Conressman though. I personally didn't vote for the man but he still works for me. I have not problem reminding our elected officals of such even if they pretend to forget.I know alot of people since I work in the public and have for many years.I still have a long way before I can retire. Now if you want a group to stir up the nest find a senior citizens group. They are a fierce bunch. I knew a gentelman who never missed a city council,public hearing, transit board meeting ever after he retired. I asked himwhy his response was " The stupid sob's must be watched or they forget who it is they serve that's why it's called public service & when I was younger I had to work to support my family & didn't have the time but, I got lots of time now & not alpt of money and they love to spend our money foolishly so,I go. He passed away 2yrs. ago. But there's more out there. The AARP is a very vocal powerful group 321 should utilize it.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Coach,
    Happens sometimes. I hit the button the other day and it posted twice on me. A gremlin somewhere. You can't erase a post, I just enter a number or letter so there isn't a double post. Especially, a long one.

Yep, you get the AARP rolling, they do have a voice. Sometimes the object is getting them interested or motivated. You mentioned an exemplary senior citizen. If there had been many, then he would have been the norm and not noteworthy. Sad there aren't a lot more like him.

Those 321 questions keep popping up everywhere. It would be nice to get them consolidated. I keep seeing the same questions all over the place. Wonder what happened to the search button. [bold]Maybe instead of a new forum, we need a bigger search button for people to notice.[/bold]
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2004
  12. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

All cleaned up :)

You honestly think size matters? (no pun intended hehe)

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Praetor,
    On a more serious note. A larger button probably wouldn't help much. Those that use it will continue to do so, and those that don't will continue their neglect. Could have gotten into size proliferation and a big one only calls for a bigger one... Couldn't that get out of hand.

There needs to be some way of emphasizing the use of Search a bit more, don't have a clue as how to do it though. Maybe make newbies do at least 10 searches before they can be a Junior Member. That would be painless and give incentive to learn where the function is located.

14. Nephilim

I believe with 321 going bankrupt we'll be seeing even more Xcopy questions.