1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe Some Hope For Psp Users with 2.80 (Or maybe not)

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by BlastOnE, Jan 9, 2007.

1. BlastOnE

BlastOnE Regular member

hello everyone,

well i am one of those people that are just looking around..waiting around for a psp 2.80 downgrader to come out.actually ive tried to look around again and i found something that made me think that there is a 2.80 DGer for the psp.

http://www.psp-vault.com/Article800.psp

that link.
    now at the moment i know something of some sort that there is a downgrader for the 2.80 but its for a certain motherboard.now i have looked at checked my psp to see if i have a TA-082 motherboard.

by checking doing these steps....
    http://pspupdates.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/56713/ta82spot1.jpg

now i looked and i dont see any of those numbers so i guess i do not have a TA-82.so then i saw that page about the downgrader.it says "-If you have a TA-082 motherboard in your PSP, DO NOT even attempt to downgrade." so i assume that it is for the people that dont have TA-082 MOBOs.so my question is..can i FINALLLyyyyyyyyyyyy FINAALLLLLLLLYYYYYY Downgrade my psp firmwire from a 2.80 or is this just another BS article.im not to like good at understanding about all the things n everything needed to downgrade.so i come here :) cause i kno somewhere someone out there knows about all of this stuff.just let me know.thanks everyone :)

-Blast

2. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

hate to break it to ya bud but the downgrader has been out for a while, even for ta-082 motherboards i had a ta and im running a custom firmware now. go check out psp-hacks.com and search a little bit

p.s you gotta downgrade to 2.71 then to 1.50 if you have a ta mother board but if not i think you can go all the way to 1.50

have fun!

3. BlastOnE

BlastOnE Regular member

so basically that link that i sent you..can i just follow it and the downgrader will work..when i try n look for a TA-82 MOBO..i do not see those little numbers n letters that tells me its a ta-82.so i take it i can follow this guide and it will work? or what..any help will help me out.thanks

4. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

if you DONT see the numbers then you dont have a ta-082 mother board (btw this is good!) this is what you need

http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/974

once you extract the files you just run the program (im not sure how but i think you need xloader, which can be found here...

http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=88888895&func=fileinfo&id=4
    ( i know it says eloader but it comes with xloader too)

their should be a read me in the download but again im not sure)

5. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

make SURE you know what you're doing. more often than not, many a bricked psp has been from 2.80 downgrading

6. BlastOnE

BlastOnE Regular member

awesome..well i was just woundering.where do i get the games n things like the files of games to put on my psp? how do i put those on there and make them run?

7. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

get the games using torrents. uTorrent for example.

8. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Utorrent is just the downloading client(which I have and like). You will need to search on a site for the .torrent file itself. I recommend this nifty little search engine. Just type in the game/program/whatever then click the site you want to search. When you find something with a good amount of seeders(s, seeds, etc.) and leechers(l, dl, etc.), download the .torrent file for it and open it with utorrent. BTW, this is ILLEGAL if you do not own the rights to the content you are downloading. Just a little reminder.

EDIT- fixed url

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  9. Longing

Longing Member

Hi all,
    I have a PSP with FW 2.71 Ta mobo and I have HEND and Dev hook that lets me emulate from 1.5 to 3.02. (which is aweseom) but the only thing i cant do is play my backed up psx schmoos. i belive I need to upgrade to Dark Alexs 3.02 oe/ b (i think thats the newest) but I am worried about bricking my psp by downgrading to fw 1.5 in order to upgrade to the newest 3.02 oe. Ive been reading different articals for two weeks now and I keep reading that TA mobos will brick if downgraded to 1.5 but Zax just posted above that its possible. How? If anyone could be please offer their wisdom i would really appreciate it.

Also i've tried ps emus for psp and i cant go that route with the games i want play since they are not compatable. Thanx!

10. Longing

Longing Member

11. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Congratulations.

12. Z_A_X

Z_A_X Regular member

yeah i bricked my old psp and got a new one that had 2.71 on it and i was pretty happy when i got it! lol :)