1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maybe someone can help me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wikky1, Feb 27, 2005.

1. wikky1

wikky1 Member

thanks BROBEAR. I'll try it and let you know if it works.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. It may or may not work, but at least you'll have eliminated those possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2005
  3. icevenom

icevenom Member

i accidentally fixied it i messe dup my ATA driver so i restarted and windows didnt boot so i went to safemode and it auto isntalled the right drivers for ata and ide 1 and 2, needs intel application accelerator drivers i believe but then they disapreaed as iw ent to normal windows..
    i think some windows crap is changing some config on my system...cuz i dont have advanced options for IDE or drives...

since i got ide2 back i switched the sony back to primary on ide2, claims im on DMA on intel application accelerator but nero says no
    and device manager wont tell me
    but the lag assumes PIO mode
    ill get screen shots tommorow and host on my site to show u guys

as i speak i checked nero info tool and seems my sony just went offline...

as for the windows fresh install...i tried that before...just messed up all my drivers last time hence i had to format after aswell as my program registerees [obviously cuz of reinstall]

almost more trouble than its worth

having said that..i just checked device manager seems second ide was disabled...i reenabled and the channel and the sony came back on...odd? windows disabled for i dunno what reason...i dont have any virus problems

i think windows is conflicting with drivers somehow :S dunno if sp2 is to blaim

anyone know about intel app. accel. ?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  4. brobear

brobear Guest

icevenom
    Weird that an OS install wouldn't fix driver problems. I don't know of any programs that would automatically delete or highjack drivers. Your system, so I imagine you know what it's doing. With all those problems, a fresh format and clean install might be in order. It's just a few hours work. How many hours have you already spent trying to solve the current problem?

I'm curious. You said you enabled the IDE Channel. That means it was disabled. Have you inadvertantly been disabling Channels instead of [bold]"uninstalling"[/bold] them in the attempt to straighten out your DMA-PIO problem?

5. hursty

hursty Active member

i no nothing of this,but i can tell you there was a thread about i week ago,touching on the same subject

look for "scubabud",he may be able to help you

p.s he has posted on this thread

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  6. icevenom

icevenom Member

no i uninstalled, im pretty savy with computers but this problems seems to have caught me with my pants down haha,
    windows has been disabling the IDE channel...the error report says it may due to errors found by windows

whehn i botted up just now windows upon login gave me a message ive never seen "registry was repaired witha logged file or alternate entry" or something like that cuz apparently an entry errored? weird

id love to format problem is sister wont let me till the semester is over which is end of april

still doesnt explain PIO mode switch on my last format...weird things going on :|

i know i installed things in proper order according to intels check list. :|

7. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

You won't have any advanced options when using Intel Application Accelerator. You can uninstall it under Add and Remove programs, and you will then be back like the rest of us under DMA Mode hopefully, or PIO if you keep having error problems with your burner or DVD-Rom.

Edit: Do that first to get on a level playing field and then see whats what. That program is only supposed to give you, maybe, a 2-3% increase in speed from your Opticals.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  8. icevenom

icevenom Member

that a fact?
    well i reinstalled my IDE and i think its usuing generic drivers, cuz it doesnt show the intel app accel as the driver signer.
    i than reinstalled the sony and things seem ok so far

its all running and with DMA on
    http://eyestorms.silent-creation.net/Downloads/IDE.jpg
    this is a screen shot of nero info tool, drivers for IDE2, and few other things...

i circled things in red that seem odd, but tried backing up my movies to double check on how its going, its running DMA and smooth...seems its all good, thanks for the info guys

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

icevenom

Glad to hear you are up and running again. I still would check and see if the Intel Application Accelerator is listed in your Add and Remove Programs and remove them once and for all, just to make sure that they don't interfere in the future. I could not read the gifs you circled but if you show DMA settings when you are in Device Manager and under Secondary Controller, then for sure you are good to go!

10. Buik

Buik Regular member

DVD ROM & DVD Burner set-ups. Fine for copying files to HD. Saves the lens on the burner, for burning. Copying "on the fly" is not always the way to try to go. Have patience (and hopefully, a second computer.)

Good burners + Good Software + Good Media usually do the trick. Multi tasking on the box with the burner is a no no. External drives are a no no, as a rule. Especially if you are multi-tasking on that box.

If you can't afford a second box for surfing the internet, go to the library while your project is cooking.

TC

11. brobear

brobear Guest

icevenom
    Glad to see you got your problem solved. I didn't catch where you said you had Intel Application Accelerator on your system. Just out of curiosity, what Intel chipset does your computer have?

12. icevenom

icevenom Member

youll need to expand the picture link cuz it gets resized in IE, just highlight wait for expand button...shoudl be clearer..

as for my chipset: Intel 845BG Board with 845E chipset

Although the burner works fine now, seems when my sister logs in...[dunno why]...in the morning before me she gets windows problems on boot where it asks which mode to boot [ie: safe mode..w/ networking..normal etc], its odd cuz i dont get it :|

intel app accel is listed

DMA seems on [listed and acts like it]

burnt a few dvds lastnight they work

i make sure to use the DVD-ROM for general use...DVD burner for burning...keep the lens in better condition that way, i use BENQ [SONY DYE] 4x DVD discs...even though i can burn x8- and x16+ im not big on highspeed, NERO data cds, or isos w/ alchohal120%

anyone hear anything about UDF discs causing trouble?
    ive burnt Mp3s on DVD UDF discs for my xbox to read

my friend has a new LG says when he burns UDF it sounds funny

the original trouble with my burner [and widnows curruption really] was me multitasking to much
    - i burnt DVDs, downloaded, and ripped my movies at the same time lol, stupid i know but it was reading week and i was bored :p im trying to backup my movies for having some here and some at my cottage lol beats dragging um back and forth

13. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

icevenom

Here is what I was referring to as far as a view from Device Manager.
    Obviously based on your image shown in your post you still have Intel's Application Accelerator loaded and in use.

This is a screen shot of what your Secondary Channel looks like with the Intel Application Accelerator program loaded.
    This lacks the Advanced Tab showing DMA/PIO settings.
    [​IMG]

This is a screen shot of a Secondary Channel without Intel’s AA installed.
    There is an Advanced Tab shown now.
    [​IMG]

This is a screen shot of the Advanced Tab open showing DMA or PIO settings.
    [​IMG]

14. icevenom

icevenom Member

KK so its loaded,
    isnt it weird i have no resource tab?
    its no biggy if its working right

i just asked my sister aboutt he weird system boot this morning...she says she turns on the computer comes back and its at the choose Windows boot screen with the safemode and etc selections...

i dunno..i personally havent seen it so i wont worry about it

15. brobear

brobear Guest

icevenom

The chipset you have is included. So, properly configured, IAA should work on your system. Also, the account in which the program installed is supposed to have Admin status on the PC. Now it sounds like you have it configured for your acct and the one for the sister isn't.

Your memory seems to be fouled up as far as Nero is concerned. I looked at the screens you uploaded. The Sony Drive is listed on both the Primary and Secondary IDE channel at the same time. Nero has it wrong unless you have 2 Sony Drives hooked up at the same time. Intel has it as LG at Slave on the Primary and the Sony at Master on the Secondary. (I believe I'd put the LG back on the secondary.) As far as the drivers are concerned, here are some install notes.
    That appears to mean if the IAA window opens properly without errors, then the drivers are present. Since the drivers are now controlled by IAA, I'm not sure if they should still be listed in the Device Manager. In your case they don't seem to be.

I noticed Intel Application Accelerator (IAA) is far from a simple install. Besides figuring out if IAA is compatible with a particular chipset, one needs to ascertain if they also need to use the "Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility". Your chipset calls for it. [bold]Did you use the utility when you installed IAA?[/bold] Another quick question, when you open the IAA window in the other accounts, does the window open without errors? If so, you may just need to set the drivers (possibly DMA) for the other accts.

Now that it appears your acct is working properly, that leads to the conclusion that you either need to [bold]configure Intel Application Accelerator for the entire computer or delete it and revert to the previous windows operating system control.[/bold]

16. brobear

brobear Guest

The Intel Application Accelerator (IAA) was given control over the drives, it didn't hijack them. That is the purpose of the program, to handle system resources for higher speed. Also, you now have new system diagnosis within the program. So, you should be troubleshooting the Channel and driver problems there. With IAA you will have to look at dealing with the Device Manager differently.

17. icevenom

icevenom Member

I used to Intel Chipset/Board install checklist as associatd with my sepcific Motherboard according to intels site

my board called for
    install windows, install chipset utility thing u listed, and the application accelerator, im pretty sure after SP2...it switched drivers with some Sp2 drivers but im not certain

my sisters account is on Admin aswell
    the error she told me about was ebfore windows login loads so accounts wouldnt matter

that problem with my Nero tool shouldnt be a biggy should it? meybe i should reinstall nero? and there is just 1 sony just for the record and i could put the LG on the second IDE, would it really make a difference?

18. brobear

brobear Guest

The LG will work where it's at. The Primary IDE channel is usually reserved for hard drives unless it's an old unit that only has one channel. Nothing to worry about unless you go to add another HD which is handy when dealing with a lot of large files (like DVD movies). You'd run into a situation uninstalling a channel to kick in DMA if you ever run into that problem again. As long as Nero is functioning properly, I wouldn't worry about the infotool listing on that drive. You know where it is. Installing and uninstalling Nero is no big deal, so delete and reinstall if you are annoyed with it.

I went back and reread your post. Seems your sister got an intermittent boot error. A bit out of the ordinary, but nothing to really worry about unless it keeps occurring. Have you checked the BIOS on this system to see if you need an update. Usually support for your PC will have that info. Old firmware or a corrupted system can cause intermittent boot errors.

If everything is working okay and you plan a reformat and clean system install in April, I wouldn't worry about anything. You appear to know the source of the problem and have it under control. If you have further problems you may want to take it to a software forum. After all, this isn't a DVD recording problem for newbies. Yours was/is a system software problem that interferes with the optical drive interface, whether for data or video.

19. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

icevenom

Just for the record, Intel Application accelerator would not have been effected by SP1 or SP2. There was nothing I needed to do with it when I loaded SP1 or SP2 in my Workbench PC which has the Intel D850EMV2 board using IAA.

20. brobear

brobear Guest

ScubaBud,
    My curiosity is aroused on this one. When you open the Device Manager and expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, do you get the same empty status in the IDE Channel Properties window (driver unknown and info unavailable)? http://eyestorms.silent-creation.net/Downloads/IDE.jpg