1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maybe someone can help me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wikky1, Feb 27, 2005.

1. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Hey brobear :)

Here is the Driver tab opened up showing what I have on mine at the present time.

[​IMG]

I think icevenom needs to just, once and for all, go into Add and Remove, and remove the Intel AA, which will get him back to regular Windows drivers.

or

He needs to download the IAA from Intels website and reload it, either way.

2. brobear

brobear Guest

I agree with you ScubaBud. The installation is wrong somehow. I'm wondering if it would even straighten things out now to delete the IAA. Icevenom says he can't mess with the system until later, as per sister's input. So, if it's working, I'd just leave it alone and set the whole system right later. Did you notice that his copy of the Properties window only has 2 tabs, yours has four and a regular version of windows XP has 5.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

brobear you have a sharp eye!

I did after you pointed it out. I had to save his gif to my PC and then zoom it to see his "properties". Flip, (mod), has his daughters PC without using IAA and has no problems with it. The whole thing would take less then 2 minutes to correct. I wish I could just do it myself from here. LOL

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Strange you have to save the image to expand it. I just put my cursor over it and when the expand option comes up I click that.

If IAA was necessary, I'm sure the manufacturers would have it programmed in by now. Some chipsets don't support it. Does your system operate at a huge time savings or are the differences just minimal?

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Let's put it this way, if it wasn't loaded, I would never notice the difference. I believe even Intel states that IAA might yield a 3% increase in transfers.

Back to your "expand option" if we could. On mine, when a gif is selected that is on my PC, I can roll the mouse wheel to expand/shrink. I have never been able to do this with any of my PC's while a picture is loaded in a browser window. What program comes up when you do yours? Do you have a screen shot of this? Now my curiosity is up. :)

I have Save, Print, Email and Open My Pictures folder as options.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  6. icevenom

icevenom Member

the expand button shows up at the bottom right of the image, sometimes itll disapear and u wont notice

u need to mouse over for a few seconds usually ebfore it shows

your second IDE channel picture was what mine looked like a few days ago, but things didnt work perfectly then

i could uninstall IAA and reinstall, but at this point ill let it be , no biggy for now, rather not deal with any random errors that may happen

as for software forum , dont think illneed to ask next time i think ill be able to handle it but will keep in mind, i had similar thread going on a local computer website from toronto "the computer mechanics", u guys seemed most knowledgable, so tip of that hat to u guys, and a big thank you for all your help aswell

7. brobear

brobear Guest

icevenom
    Glad to see you have the situation under control.

ScubaBud
    IceVenom is right, when you move your cursor over an image that can be expanded, a box appears. Save, Print, Email, and Open options appear in the small oblong box at the top and a box to expand usually appears at the bottom right. The cursor needs to be over the image and not moving for a short interval. Once the Expand box opens, scroll to it and click on it.

The Expand box has arrows pointing out at the 4 corners. Click on the box and the image expands. Once you do that, the box changes to arrows pointing in toward the center, clicking again will return the image back to the compact size.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005
  8. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Thanks gentlemen for the information, but, I don't have that feature for some reason. After you described the "box with 4 arrows" I know what you are speaking about since I have seen it on other PC’s, just not on mine. Do either of you have Adobe Photoshop or Office Professional XP with Front Page? It must be some other software program that takes over this feature if what you are saying is that its standard with IE6 for example, or maybe a setting under some program that is preventing this? All I know is that I want it since it would be so much easier. :)

Also common sense states that if the cursor is positioned on my picture long enough to bring up the Image tools bar, then it should also be able to show the expand tool. I[‘m here this morning and trying like the dickens to get that thing to come up and no dice. :)

9. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I found that its enabled but still no dice!

[​IMG]

Here is a link from Microsoft on it also.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306917

Now I guess I need to start my own thread on Why I can't get it to work, even when enabled.

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Scubbud,
    Sometimes you have to move your mouse around a little to get the expand box to come up ;-)

11. brobear

brobear Guest

I have Adobe Photoshop, Elements, Acrobat; and if I looked, there are other Adobe apps. They haven't interfered with the image enlargement capabilities of Windows yet.

BBmayo,
    I've noticed when the little expand box opens, I've moved the cursor over the image and let it stay over the image a second or two. It doesn't matter if the cursor is moving or not, as long as it is over the image on my PC. With the images icevenom uploaded, the page opens with the image at full size and contracts quickly to fit the page. When I move the cursor over the image for a couple of seconds the expand box appears. When I move the cursor away from the image the expand box quickly diappears. Sounds like we may be describing the same situation only differently. I'd say ScubaBud has something on his system blocking the function. I have XP Pro with Works Suite and Digital Plus. I don't know if Office Pro XP would make a difference.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You are absolutly correct Brobear if I leave the mouse on the pic for a few seconds then the expand button appears :) I have adobe photoshop installed on my PC at home but I am pretty sure that has nothing to do with that function because my computer here at work doesn't have anything installed on it (Win2K) and it still works. Its a IE 6 function... Re-Format Scubabud!!!! LMAO :)

13. brobear

brobear Guest

Ouchhh...

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

LMAO!! Thats going to be my answer to everything from now on!! :) atleast that would get them out of my hair for a while hu?? :)

Just kiddin people!! Don't take me to serious :)

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You know what though Brobear? I do so much tinkering around and fixin computers at work I don't even mess around with mine anymore. If I start to have problems I just format and re-load and all is good :) Of course this is where the full blown version of Nero comes in handy. You see I loaded my system up with all the updates, software, drivers ect, and get it working really good then I use the Nero HD backup ro make a complete DVD backup of my system. So all I have to do is start my computer let it boot off the backed up DVD from Nero and press one button.. Go watch some TV with the kids for about 30min and come back. PRESTO!! system formated and reloaded with everything!! To easy much easier then NortonGhost :)

16. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

icevenom , bbmayo and BroBear… Thanks for your help on this! :)

Ok gentlemen, let me at least assume for the moment that you know I don't have congenital brain damage, and that I would be smart enough to leave my cursor over an image file long enough to see that little box with the arrows, right? LOL Um,.. right??? <G>

[bold]I now have my Automatic Image Resizing Icon at the bottom of the image.[/bold]

My wife’s Laptop [bold]could do an image expand and also one of my other PC’s,[/bold], contrary to what I thought, just not the two I have here in my office. So that made it easier to find the software conflict. It was an outdated Scanner/Viewer program that I had loaded on the two here that prevented it to work properly.

Now I am a happy camper!

By the way…

Bbmayo :)

Formatting my HDD ain’t ever gonna happen!!! <G>

I am so anal that I have complete backups of each and everyday on my main PC and way too much stuff to reload so when BroBear said,
    , that goes triple for me!!! <G>

Thanks again Guys!!!! :)

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

[​IMG]

Hey a good format every now and then never hurts ;-)

Also I have a little piece of wisdom for ya "never say never"... LOL

18. brobear

brobear Guest

ScubaBud,
    I hate to say it. Someone get the bamboo out from under my nails... BBmayo is right; unh that hurt. LOL Never say never. Sometimes it's better to format than suffer the problems from corrupted files. The backup option in Windows is helpful, but it takes a real backup like BB was talking about to really backup a system. Even the most careful have to format eventually.

BBmayo, I believe we have a braggart on our hands. LOL I didn't make it over the cuckoo's nest. ;)

19. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

LOL ;-) I know that killed ya BroBear!!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  20. brobear

brobear Guest

Not really. I can't be the only one right all the time. LOL In fact I agree with a lot of people most of the time. I've got some stock in the GW bridge. You wanna buy in? LOL

Or did you mean not making it over the cuckoo's nest? I'm not called sane too often.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005