1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maybe someone can help me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wikky1, Feb 27, 2005.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have seen this problem a couple of times and both times the problem was the Hard Drive was not set up on IDE 0 as master. This could be her problem..

Make sure the HD is on the end of the IDE cable and plugged into the mother board at the IDE 0 or primary port. Also make sure jumper on back is set to master.

2. wikky1

wikky1 Member

HEY again everyone. Well thanks to BBMAYO and BROBEAR i have fixed my problem apparently. I successfully burned to a DVD-R now without any problems. I guess the flash for the firmware worked finally. Thanks again for all your guys' help.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

You're welcome. Glad you got the problem solved. Sometimes the firmware just doesn't get setup properly. As I mentioned, it doesn't hurt to reflash it when in doubt.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Looky there Brobear another happy camper!!

We actually help a few hu?? LOL

Congrats wikky now don't go disappearing on us we can use your experience in here to help others :)

5. brobear

brobear Guest

BB,
    I'm considering taking bids on the mayonaise jar. All my correct answers are "kept in a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's doorstep." LOL You should bid, that way you could have all the right answers.

Wikky,
    Hang around, I don't think it's catching...

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

BB,
    I know you have been asked this like a thousand times, but I did asearch all over the forum and couldn't find this answer. So pull out that mayonaise jar and get ready... You ready??
    Do bears really pooooh in the woods? LMAO :) HA HA HA

7. brobear

brobear Guest

And the answer "kept in a hermetically sealed mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's doorstep."
    "What do you think the paper in the jar is for?" ROTFLMAO ;)

8. wikky1

wikky1 Member

You guys sure know your computer stuff. I'm alittle drun% right now so I just wanted to say thanks real quick and tell u guys that im here to help anyone who needs it. anyone just let me know if i can help.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Why thanks wikki :)

You keep up the good work, and now that you offered your service's we are going to send everyone to you!!
    LOL

Peace

10. wikky1

wikky1 Member

nice. so I upped my status on here by u guys helping me?

11. brobear

brobear Guest

One improves by participating; hopefully, helping others in the process.

12. icevenom

icevenom Member

i got a reply from sony tech support like 2 weeks after i emailed them:

"You need to have the Sony drive set as master of the secondary channel with no other drive connected. Also use the EIDE cable that came with the Sony drive, not one from your system. Then you need to get any BIOS and Motherboard updates from your PC manufacturer and any Windows updates from Microsoft, including the latest Version of Direct X which should be 9.0C."

[Edit: id like to add that i tried to reflash my BIOS from intel with the latest updates they had which was back in 2004 i think, they stopped updating my board not sure if i did it properly wasnt your typical firmware type install tool, ran some crap in dos which didnt look like anyhting was going on...eitherway bios is fine] also i had the latest chipset tool so meh i always update to latest everythign when i got troble, problem is with windows at the moment i believe

are EIDE supposed to be the faster cables, im pretty sure it looked identicle to the one in my drive now, lemme post a picture,
    http://eyestorms.silent-creation.net/Downloads/CABLE.jpg

as for company tech support alot of the time they suck, i called the one where i baught my computer [MDG in canada] and i asked the guy about switching from PIO to DMA modes after my channels been disabling itself blah blah, and the guy said i wasnt under warrenty after a year, i said i had extended warrenty hes like oh after 2 years no...when clearly i should be but w/e he seemed lost anyway lol i was so tempted to call back and complain that my computer was listing "a:\ as floppy, does that mean its broken? why is it floppy? why is my c:\ hard?" lol

anywho u guys may be interested to know that windows disables the second IDE after each time i turn the computer on, it reinstalls it and then disables it.WEIIIIIIIRRRRRD

Last edited: Mar 19, 2005
  13. brobear

brobear Guest

A lot of people use a ROM and burner configuration and the factory PCs come configured that way. Sony might like to have their drive as the only one on a channel, but that isn't the way it happens in the real world. The cables appeared to be the same.

You mentioned April as the earliest you could format and reinstall the OS. Hope you can hold out that long (12 more days). From the sound of things, the system is corrupted to the point that may be the best solution.

14. icevenom

icevenom Member

some random notes from my instruction manual
    not really important as i know my burner works when windows and drivers arent working against me as it did from decemeber to febuary perfectly

Package contents:
    40-pin ATAPI (IDE) flat cable <--sounds to me like its not EIDE? am i confusing myself

Picture of sony cable given:
    http://eyestorms.silent-creation.net/Downloads/cable2.jpg or below
    [​IMG]

Sytem requirements:
    One available EIDE (ATAPI) interface connection with DMA cabability*

*the drive does not support ATAPI, therefor do not connect it to the IDE (ATAPI) interface connector of your computer motherboard [what the hell does that mean :S]

do u guys recommend i format with my old samsung CD-RW installed then swithc to the sony? dunno if that would make a dif, i dont see why it would so i assume thats a no

15. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

All of those cable's you have provided pictures to are 40wire cabels. You need to pick up some 80wire/40pin IDE cable's and give them a try. :)

16. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

icevenom

Please Please Please Please either remove Intel Application Accelerator from "Add and Remove Programs once and for all, or re-install it with Intel's update on their website. Those are your drivers and that has to be right, one way or another!

Either Intel’s Drivers or Windows Drivers, your choice!

17. icevenom

icevenom Member

haha kk will do

gotta see how much 80 wire cables go for :|

and by format in april, i ment end of april :(

*sigh* time will fly :p its exam time soon

18. wikky1

wikky1 Member

hey guys. it's me again. got yet ANOTHER PROBLEM. I've successfully burned two DVD's with my 2x DVD-R's. Now I am trying to burn another one and im having a problem. After Nero has transcoded all the episodes I am burning, the little preview screen freezes on the last episode and Nero begins to burn. It gets 50% through and ejects the DVD. IT DOES NOT INDICATE THAT THERE IS AN ERROR. This has happened to me twice now. Any ideas what's wrong?

19. wikky1

wikky1 Member

YEAH...where i said Nero in the previous message, i really meant NeroVision. "When NeroVision is done transcoding...."