1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mc database unavaliable? Hdloader / explod problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by arrrggghh, Sep 19, 2004.

1. arrrggghh

arrrggghh Member

Hello everyone! I downloaded the hdloader memory card exploit and am having a problem. The CD-R boots up and says "installation complete". It then stays at that screen. When I put in the psx cd, it starts to boot up and goes some green dos-like screen and it says "mc database unavaliable"? I can't really do anything from here! Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

2. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

When it says installation complete, you suppose to restart the ps2. then start it with the psx game inside. after that, it will start. if this doesnt work, you can download the cracked hdloader and burn that instead.

3. arrrggghh

arrrggghh Member

I tried restarting it with the PSX cd inside, that's when I get the wierd DOS-like menu. Also, when I check my memory card there is now a file that is called corrupted data?

4. aznbound

aznbound Regular member

That means the memory card is corrupted and u need to fix it. there are a lot of threads about memory cards so try checking those to see how to fix it.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Your KL.DAT file is wrong.You will have to go into that with wordpad or a text document and fix it.

6. arrrggghh

arrrggghh Member

How would I find and fix my KL.DAT file. Thanks for the quick replies everyone.