1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC EXPLOIT FOR SLIM PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tnglc, Dec 23, 2007.

1. tnglc

tnglc Member

I am wanting to run a USB hard drive on a new slim ps2. I have a fat ps2 with a working memory card exploit installed on it. I also have HDLOADER and the Swap Magic set. I have already modded the slim ps2 to work with swap magic. But I am having trouble getting the memory card to exploit and run usbextreme. Can anyone help me here. What I would like to do is create an exploit to run USB from boot disc or get an iso of usbextreme that will work with swap magic. Thanks for the help guys/gals.

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you can't use the memory card exploit on the slim ps2. sony has fixed the buffer overflow with the slim.

you'll need to get a usbextreme iso from sksapps.com.

the usb hdd speeds are said to be real choppy with ps2 games. so don't be suprised if the games lag badly; the ps2 uses usb1.1 instead of usb2.0

3. tedpr

tedpr Member

Ive got 10 games on my usb with usbextreme..the only thing choppy is the startup video..who cares about that..The games themselves work perfect.....and whats with the sksapps.com....has anyone commented about this being a broken link for a while now??

4. tnglc

tnglc Member

I tried the sksapps iso today. it doesn't work. anyone know where a good one is or have one?

5. tedpr

tedpr Member

You need the original one...a copy will not work

6. tnglc

tnglc Member

I have swap magic and it works for everything else. If I could get a good iso of usbextreme I'm sure it will work as the old hdloader works. Anyone have a legit iso of the disc? Or know of some place to get it. SKSAPPS version is no good. Thanks.