1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC exploit question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by MrEff, Jun 18, 2007.

1. MrEff

MrEff Member

So i have a Fat ps2 and i have been able to use the Memory card Exploit with launch elf thransferring useing my Codebreaker....now i tried to launch my backup ps2 games from my external 40gig HDD using usb advanced but it doesnt seem to be working....i was woundering if there is a way to use cogswap threw the memory card exploit...i do not wish to go out and purchase swap magic. i do not kno if this has been tackled in this forums before so if it has if you could use a link to direct me that would be great otherwise any help would be much appreciated.

2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

you need the hdloader ELF to load games from hard drive not cogswap.

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Like what BIGNewb said. And besides, from what you said, you have Codebreaker, right? That's more than enough to load the HDL file onto your memory card like you did for your launchELF. But you do need a PSX game to act as the trigger disk though.

4. MrEff

MrEff Member

okay well i dont think i was perfectly clear on what i was saying. i was trying to use my usb 40gig seagate hdd to load games using USBADVANCED.ELF threw the memeroy card exploit as stated...it didnt work. I then tried the COGSWAP.ELF method threw the memory card and that also did not work.....i then later found out threw some research that GH2 (the main reason im trying to do this is to play custom GH2 songs) Is no compatibal with either of those methods. So now I am questing to find a cheapo enternal HDD (10 gigs or so) so i can use HDLOADER threw the memory card exploit. hopfully that will work....ive been working on this for a little over a month and i am horribly frustrated by the whole thing. any tips anyone has would be much appreciated.....Thank You

5. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member