1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MC3 Remix on hdd - Long filenames

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by methix, Apr 10, 2007.

1. methix

methix Member

Okay I'm trying to put Midnight Club 3 Remix on my hard drive. Dvd2Xbox won't work because of the filenames. There also might be a problem with the disk itself.

So I googled the problem and came up with a few solutions so I'm looking for the easiest one. I found this thread suggesting using an attach.xbe. Then I also found a suggestion to break down the iso with Qwix, rename the files, and rebuild it. Also found a something about using XBEPatcher.

To me it sounds like rebuilding with Qwik would be the easiest way but I'm not sure if that will actually fix the problem. Plus I'd have to extract the iso, rename, rebuild, extract again & ftp. So I'd like to be sure it will work if I'm gonna do all that. Or would grabbing the attach.xbe be easier????

Appreciate any help, thanks!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  2. methix

methix Member

Update: Well I tried the attach.xbe from DriveImageTools and it worked. However because its a straight iso you can't use trainers. I could live without them but the little brother can't. Maybe I'll try the Qwix method later or over the weekend.