1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE remote with XP Home

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by xiablo, Mar 2, 2005.

1. xiablo

xiablo Member

I'm in the process of revamping an old(ish) XP home machine to act as a media center. I've little interest in Microsoft's media center, quite happy to use meedio but I did buy an MCE remote which is distinctly struggling to play nicely with XP home, or indeed be loaded at all.

I've seen a bunch of other threads about the place mentioning that the remote only works with XP Pro SP1 upwards but I'm reluctant to use a precious Pro licence when all i want is the remote.

Just wondering whether anyone here had any ideas or experiences on how to get the remote to work with Home.

Cheers,
    xiablo.

2. petevs

petevs Member

I recenttly purchased a ViewSonic Airpanel, a 15 inch hand held monitor that wirelessly connects to one's PC providing wireless touchscreen access to all functionality on the desktop. In other words, an expensive way to avoid lugging a laptop around the house. Indeed, remote funtionality is available only on XP Pro - I had to upgrade from Home Edition as well..