1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.mdf file???

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by MaxBern, Oct 18, 2003.

1. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

I have an .mdf file that is supposed to be a game. How do I view the contents of this file?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

if i remember correctly, MDF files are to be burned using Alcohol120. In general, the point of the cd-images and stuff is to burn them onto cds rather than to 'view' their contents.
    =====
    Alcohol120 is the stable of many a protection backup. It is a standard program used to backup games with numerous forms of protection. For more info visit http://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/alcohol120.cfm

3. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

When I open Alcohol and try to burn this image it is not an image to select from. Meaning for example i can select .iso or .bin for my image but .mdf is not there. I have been told Alcohol can "mount" .mdf files but how do you do that???

4. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

O.K. I figured it out! You have to select the image in Alcohol from the main screen by selecting browse and then *all file types (as .mdf is not an option). Then right click the file name now that it appears in the main window of Alcohol and select mount. BAM! it creates a virtual CD-Rom Drive that allows me to view and launch the contents of the image as if it were a CD actually in the drive!! Fantastic.

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Awesome! I was gonna mentuion somethin like that but then i had an exam that i forgot about hehe