1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.MDS files

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ramm1t, Aug 18, 2004.

1. ramm1t

ramm1t Guest

To create a ps2 game via msd file do you HAVE to use a DVD recorder cant u use a CD-RW?
    If you do have to use a DVD-RW do you have to have a specific one?
    Thanks!

2. Nazarith

Nazarith Member

It depends if your original File was cdrom or dvd rom, if the orignal game was a cd rom you can use a cdburner and burn it to a cd, if it was as dvd rom use a dvd burner
    1.) the file is to big to fit on a cd(unless you edit it)
    2.) I prefer DVDs find they work better then most cd's

if you get a dvd burner it does not have to be a dvd-rw it can just burn -r/+r does not have to be able to right to rewritable disc, I haven't see a PS2 that reads rewritables yet(but thats just me) I have found that -R work the best on PS2 +R work about 50/50 for me. I have burnt a cd based game to a dvd and it worked, not sure if I was just lucky or if you can do that, but all you need is Nero/alc 120% to make the image of the game with and to burn the image to cd/dvd . Just remeber to burn at the lowest speed possible and have a modchip or SwapDisc when you are ready to play your back up. Here is a good Tutorial on the Swap Disc if you are not sure how it all works. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/82118

Last edited: Aug 18, 2004
  3. ramm1t

ramm1t Guest

I dont know what the origional was....
    I downloaded the game.
    I just got a mds file (1KB)
    And a mdf file (615.565KB)
    Thanks for all the info too!!