1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MDS - MDF

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by HC1Gunner, Oct 14, 2004.

1. HC1Gunner

HC1Gunner Member

I'm trying to burn an image with Alcolhol vs 1.9.2 and I have both the mdf & mds file. I get this error when I try to burn..."No RMPS info in the source, you are not able to make a copy using this data type".

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

have you selected the correct datatype for the disc you are burning?

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Yes, devilhunt is 'almost' correct. RPMS means 'recordable media physical signature' and means that on the original CD there was a 'physical signature' that, alas, cannot be recorded on the backup copy. But Alcohol, if 'emulate RPMS' is checked (go on Options--->Recording-->Emulation), can emulate it when your CD-ROM unit reads the disc. Alcohol must be ON, on the system tray, though. (Check all options on 'Emulation' though, I suggest).
    Ah, to be sure Alcohol 120% won't give you that error during the image recording, make sure on Options--->Data type setting ---> Recording options, on the dataype you'll select to burn that .MDS/.MDF image, the "Burn 'RPMS' on recordable media" box us [bold]unchecked[/bold].
    Probably it was checked, on your Alcohol 120% Recording options.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

great info, thats a bit more i have just learnt about alcohol 120(still a bit of a newbie with it myself) still can't make my mind up if i prefer it to clone or not though

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No, devilhunt, you're not at all a newbie. It's us moderators who are too expert (work work work). Ah, I edited a little my post to complete my answer, while you were writing. Maybe you can read more useful infos there, now.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

thank's for the extra info, i posted about the data type because i actualy created that same error by accident not so long ago by selecting the wrong data type when i was trying to burn a cd image file

7. HC1Gunner

HC1Gunner Member

aldaco12 the box was already unchecked, and all options under "Emulation were already checked.