1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MDS OR .ISO PLZ HELPPPP ME !!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mcnoodle, Oct 29, 2004.

1. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

ok so i have copied a few games to my computer's harddrive (with no problems).but every time i copy them to my hardrive to .iso file is there and a 8kb mds file(wtf is that).So any way i tryed to burn GTA:SA i chose the .iso image (4.19GIGS)when i chose that dvd decypter said "you should have selected the MDS file and not this one i'll do it automatically this time,but don' do it again"WTF is with that and when it chose the MDS file automatically the file changed from 8 kb to 4.19 gigs
    plz help me whick 1 dp i burn thx a million.

2. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

Its ok just add the mds file , thats the way this new version of decryptor works, the mds file just gives some more information to the program...

3. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

ok but whn i made the image to C:\ yeh the im age for san aandreas is 4.19 gigs(the size it should be)but also a 5bk mds file!but when i chose tho burn the 4.19gig image it then choses the mds file which now seems to be 4.19 aswell will i now burn this file?
    oh yeh has this happened to any else before
    plz relpy

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the mds file is like a cue file with bin/cue's it contains the settings for the burn just select the mds file dvd decrypter and it will automaticly burn the iso file for you aslong as the mds and iso file are in the same folder

5. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

so basically should I just burn the 5 kb mds file which now is 4.19(i don't no why)which was seleted automatically when i chose to burn the DVD image

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

7. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

thx m8

8. mcnoodle

mcnoodle Regular member

when u copy a game to your harddrive do u get a .iso file or does it become a rar archive ?? cause when i had WINrar installed it became a winrar archiver i unistalled it now it is a .iso file is it ok to burn the winrar
    what does every else burn
    thx !

9. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you have got win rar asociated with iso files to stop this from happening load up win rar then go accross the top menus to options then settings click it a new window opens go accross the tabs to integration, click it then on the left hand side you will see a list of file types untick iso click ok, after that iso files will no longer appear as rar files