1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MDS??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by tony112, Mar 24, 2005.

1. tony112

tony112 Member

what is an MDS file?
    i copied need for speed undergroudn 2 and i created an ISO 4GB file. it also created a MDS 5KB File.
    what is the MDS file and how do i write it to the same DVD-R using dvd decrypter as wel as writing the ISO file?
    do i need the MDS file as well as the ISO because i wrote the ISO to a DVD-R and tried to play it on my chipped PS" bu it would not work. what has gone wrong?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You have to select the .mds file to burn. This sort of gives instructions to the burner on how to burn the .iso file.

For example, with 'Dvd Decrpyter' you have to select the .mds file to burn, otherwise it chooses it for you.

3. tony112

tony112 Member

so when i run dvd decrypter what do i do, to be able to play my ps2 game on my chipped ps2?
    i have the files on my hdd but how do i transfer the MDS and ISO to the same disc?what mode do i go in?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, the MDS is a small meta file that contains description information about the associated ISO. So all you do is open dvd decrypter, choose the mds file, and it will burn the ISO file that is associated with the mds file. Oh, and I like burning my mds/ISO files with alcohol 120, but that is my personal preference.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, just select the MDS file and burn away. It knows how to do the rest. I always use DVD Decrypter myself.
    Alcohol 120% is a great program but i was too cheap to want to shell out the $$$ when DVD Decrypter was free

6. tony112

tony112 Member

Could you not have cracked Alcohol 120 then that would be free like dvd decrypter?

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

heheh, not exactly free like dvd decrypter, cause ya know...decrpyter is 'legally' free.

8. steimy

steimy Active member

No need to go through the trouble.
    DVD Decrypter works just fine for me.