1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me sound has dissappeared!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gray916, Oct 26, 2004.

1. gray916

gray916 Guest

Hi,

after using DVD shrink and dvd decrypt, the sound has dissapeared of me computer, even if i try to play the an original DVD??? the video plays fine its just there aint no noise!!!

Cheers

gray

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Are you saying even an original DVD has no sound on your PC?

Have you tried playing your copy in a standalone DVD player? If it works there then the problem is in your PC and we can go from there.

3. colw

colw Active member

Sounds like you may have enabled your mute button - have you checked that have sound from other sources?

4. gray916

gray916 Guest

Hi,

i havent tried playing them in a standalone dvd player, but ive put it in a mates computer and they all work fine on his....

Even original dvd's dont have any sound anymore, nor do my backed up ones.

I think (but im not sure) they worked fine before i used the DVD Drecrypt and DVD shrink. Its a new computer u see (got it at the weekend) and i cant remember if the dvds ive watched recently are were on my new or old computer.

Ive tried a few different ways top copy them. I first use dvd decrypt then nero6.' Ive used dvd decryp and then dvd shirink. Ive also used dvd decrypt, dvd shirk and clone dvd.

Same result every time.

Cheers

Gray

5. gray916

gray916 Guest

yeah, all the other sounds, MP3, .avi work fine. Just the dvd movies. Im playing them in media player and real one (gold). All latest codecs i think

Cheers gray

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Then the problem is in your PC. Have you clicked on your sound emblem in your task bar and checked to see if everything is OK with all the settings?

Does your sound work on everything else?

OOPS slow on the keyboard :>(
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  7. CJC

CJC Regular member

Windows Media player isnt really good for playing DVDz and im not sure but i dont think Real Player is either...

Try getting something like PowerDVD or the like and install and see if it plays with that.

CJC

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Do you have your volume up in media player?

Also, try nero's showtime since you have nero, it does a better job playng DVD's.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  9. colw

colw Active member

Seems like a codec issue - Have you got DirectX 9 installed?

Alternatively, if you have access to PowerDVD try installing it - it seems to give WMP a kickstart.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]they worked fine before i used the DVD Drecrypt and DVD Shrink[/bold]

Installing and using these apps wouldn't affect your PC's DVD player's performance.