1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MechAssault exploit

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MikeDDR, Jan 28, 2004.

1. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

I tried to use the exploit but it didn't work... in the game it said "Unable to load Run Linus" so I was wondering, could this be because I'm using the Platinum Hits edition of MechAssault?

2. asinque

asinque Member

Hi,
    Recently I found the following related info in the FAQ at the http://wiki.xbox-linux.org pages.

Are all MechAssault CD's the same?

No. You need the original version, not the "Xbox Game of the Year" version. The newer disk has been patched and can waste a lot of time. The CD labels are identical. Look at the laser etching on the back. The new one says MS02308L while the original is MS02301L

I am just wondering myself how to get the *original* (ie. useful) version from an international distro. As far as I know it is not sold South of the Pirinees.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The exploits won't work on the V1.4 or V1.5 systems I went and looked at the exploits and the reason that those version won't work is because when you apply the bert and earnie font it just doesn't work for the V1.4 or V1.5 so the point I am trying to make is don't try it out because you could get a clock loop and this will mess up your system.The best thing on Xbox would be something like one of those no solder mods executer 2.3 Lite Plus or Xbit or something like that.I haven't done it yet got my chip and installed it but I know for a fact that the exploits are dangerous to the systems.Try to see if you can get the modchip to system exploit to work since that is probably the best one I would say to use if it is a must.I also heard that there is a Splinter Cell exploit but haven't read up on it alot like I have with the other exploits.
    The setup I would use for my Xbox would be XBit using Slayers evox v2.5 final this is pretty much a good system in my oppinion but somebody else would probably disagree which means there is a better setup but that would be hard to find I think.