1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Advice

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by superdon, Oct 8, 2004.

1. superdon

superdon Member

Hi,

I have been using Zero Defex 1X Pure Purple DVD-R's for the last year or two (had a big supply!) and now its time to get some more media.

I have only found one or two UK retailers that can get these now, and they are charging quite a lot for them. I really like these DVD-R's as I have NEVER had a bad one.

My DVD-R drive is a Toshiba SD-R5002 which I thin is actually a 2X burner?

Do you think http://www.cd-rmedia.co.uk/cgi-bin2/details.pl?id=zeroxtre4x&productadd=zeroxtre4x qould be ok if I just burnt a 1X? Not really interested in burning any quicker to be honest, just want reliable/quality DVD-R's.

Cheers :)

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

According to your link the media you're proposing to use is Ritek G05. Which can be burnt @12x

They want £0.38 per disc.
    Same G05 @£0.26 ,, ,, http://www.rambox.co.uk/index.php

3. superdon

superdon Member

But will that media be the same or better quality than the ones I have had in the past? And, will the higher speed media work with my drive?

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Ritek G04 is considered by many including myself, to be a first class medium.
    It will burn at all speeds up to and including 4x.

you are proposing Ritek G05 with a max speed of 12x.

to burn at 1x, for what reason?

5. superdon

superdon Member

6. Gringle

Gringle Guest

It should be excellent and again we're back to G04 which is a deep purple colour.

further down the page is a thread by agent-k about successfully burning G04 @8x I may try that later.

Welcome to AfterDawn, superdon, and happpy burning.

(edit and'after-thoughts)Don't worry to much about burning at 1x, most reasonable media will give you a better copy at a slower speed.

regards gringle/mike
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]give instuction to a wise man. Then he will become wiser, give instruction to a fool. Then he will become wiser. It's all about time.. [thet slanty-eyed bloke I used to read][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2004