1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media center and Movies

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ryanmeyer, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ryanmeyer

ryanmeyer Member

ok i got win med center on my 360 an my win vista laptop im so confused but how do i get my divx or avi files that i download straight from my torrents to play on my 360? i cant get them to work by burning them to dvd or on here itself any ideas would be great

2. shwaggy

shwaggy Member

Put in the dvd should show as a mixed media content disc. Go to videos in the dashboard and press x and chose the disc and should show the files.

3. airbender

airbender Member

Oh for that all you need is to stream your videos through a router.

First you got to activate the file sharing in WMPlayer 11 by going under the options and enabling it and chooosing the folders to share with the extender.

Then place the video under the shared folder.
    Go under Xbox360 dashboard and under media.Select video and choose source as your PC.from there you will see the folders and video shared.
    If for some reasons you gt problems connecting with your router do a diagnostics under xbox360 dashboard where u can select test your connection.
    Another way is to share the videos thru Winows Media .U can set it up in xbox 360 and u will get a pin code.From there u gt to type that pin when u enter ur PC windows media centre and go under set up a new extender.Type in the pin given.

Once set up is done,place video under common shared folders.Enter xbox360 and go under Windows Media Centre...from there its straight forward.

Or simply you could place the video in a thumbdrive and plug it in to xbox360.Select media,video and select your source to be the drive.If there are errors playing you need to go update ur xbox360 codecs which is usually prompted.

4. ryanmeyer

ryanmeyer Member

ok i understand that but what im saying is a burnt dvd wont play in my 360 but am i able to rip the burnt dvds to my laptop an transfer them to the 360 or play them from my laptop an play on the 360 i hope this isnt too confusing

5. ato09

ato09 Member

If you dont want to rip them to dvs then just put them on a thumb drive. I do the same thing, although it is kinda limted because i only have a 1 gig thumb drive. But then you can go and select it from the dashboard like they mentioned above with the dvd's

6. airbender

airbender Member

OKat but you got to check what format u are burning them as?I assume u are creating data discs rite?Anything with avi,divx,xvid should work.
    I always place the movies in a folder and go to my xbox360 and select that particular and folder and it plays the selected movie.Thats the fastest as no other part of effort is required.

Secondly u could put them in a thumbdrive and just connect it to your xbox360.Select the source as the drive raher than ur computer.That should work.
    I hope i am able to help...