1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media center/ sonic mydvd copyright error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by oubyrd, Sep 9, 2004.

1. oubyrd

oubyrd Member

I just purchased a media center with myDVD. I am getting an "copyright" error message when trying to burn a recorded movie. Will I not be able to burn recored movies? Is there a way to correct this. What else will the program not let me burn?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi oubyrd, Welcome to aD-

Your purchased Sonics, MyDVD media center it is very good for copying home movies or armature DVD's. It wasn't ever made for copying a commercial DVD movie.
    Here's its advertisement -

Sure, there's a way - for another $40.00 you can buy AnyDVD, which will break the encryption so Sonics MyDVD has a chance of working, BUT your results will be far from good. To tell the truth, Sonic doesn't weigh in too heavily in the DVD backup field.

But all is not lost -

Why not use something that was designed for that purpose and free to boot - DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter :D)
    You'll find all the information here PLUS the proggys links (toward the bottom of the page)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Off you go my friend, the DVD burning world is now open and looking for you, check out that guide and within an hour and a half OR LESS, you'll have a perfect copy in you hands -

Remember to come back and give us a full report -we'll be waiting for you -

Cheers,

Pete

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

(Huuuummmm)
    Sorry about the late response, and this extra post.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2004