1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media code on Ridata DVD+R's?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by kchev, Nov 3, 2004.

1. kchev

kchev Regular member

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

kchev,

are these branded G04's you are using? I have burned over 500 of them and had one bad disc. If they aren't branded, D/L dvdinfopro, and see what it says.

or it could be a compatibility problem and how fast are you burning at?

I also use the "branded" ritek ridata 4x +R and the media code is RITEK RO3.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  4. kchev

kchev Regular member

I am burning at 4x and they are branded. I have tried the branded Ridata G04's from Newegg, Meritline, and Rima. I also tried at 2x with same bad results with DVD-R's from Rima. I had some G04's from Meritline and the scans looked great. I just used Rima because I got some TY's there also. I was just wondering about the DVD+R because I got some from Newegg and they were Ricohjpn01. These had the lowest Kprobe scans I have had out of anything. They burn excellent!

5. kchev

kchev Regular member

bigorange,

Have you done any scans with Kprobe or Nero CD/DVD Speed on the R03's? Just curious as to what the write quality looks like. Like catfreak said, I got some Ricoh's from Newegg and they are GREAT! But I have noticed alot of R03's starting to show up at Newegg also.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

catfreak
    You lucky dawg. I got Ritek R03's, which aren't bad but would much rather have the Ricohjpn R01's. The kprobe scans on R03's aren't bad but I've never found any media with lower scans than Ricohjpn with my Litey.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  7. kchev

kchev Regular member

You are not kidding Mort. My RICOHJPNRO1's burn very good. After reading some of your other threads, I can think you for talking me into trying some of them. (along with the $10 rebate at Newegg)

8. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

kchev,
    Glad I could pass on some good advice. :) Hopefully I'll get the Ricoh's next time.